Sr Project Manager / Finance Delivery Lead
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Sr. Project Manager / Finance Delivery Lead
The Sr. Project Manager for Finance will work closely with the
global, integrated Finance teams to deliver projects required to
meet our finance strategic imperatives and productivity improvement
goals. This position will focus on client related initiatives and
continuous improvements but will also engage across broader Finance
initiatives where needed. The Sr. Project Manager will work closely
with global Finance and cross-functional SMEs to understand the
business goals and solution needs of the projects being delivered.
Responsibility will include interpretation of both operational
processes and IT needs into project vision, strategy, approach, and
full implementation plans. The Sr. Project Manager will work under
the direction of a Director, Finance Project Management and will be
responsible to develop detailed project strategies which will
encompass: understanding project scope from sponsors, business
requirements definition, change control, budget management,
cross-functional and cross-geographical resource scheduling, risk
mitigation plans, contingency plans, deliverables/action item
management, timelines, user acceptance and end-to-end testing and
training needs, as necessary for delivery of IT and operational
aspects of projects.
The ideal candidate will have strong working project management
knowledge, preferably with billing and/or financial systems and
processes. Previous experience implementing complex systems and
business processes is highly desirable, though not required.
Experience with payroll, timekeeping, procurement, fixed asset,
tax, treasury and/or core accounting and finance or supply chain
management (ERP) systems and processes is highly preferred. In
addition, a solid understanding of processes and systems in a
warranty or insurance environment is desirable.
This position will work cross functionally with both the domestic
and global Finance leaders. In addition, this role will need to
influence leaders in Business Development, Product Management,
Finance, Marketing, Legal, IT, and the executive teams within
Client Services and Care to deliver on our finance project
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for the delivery of multiple, concurrent corporate
finance projects that require coordination and orchestration across
domestic and global Finance teams, as well as cross functionally
within the global Asurion organization.
- Develop detailed business scope to deliver the project as
specified by the sponsoring Finance organization and designated
subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Establish integrated detailed, cross-functional,
cross-geographical project plans with critical path milestones
which ensure deliverables are understood, dependencies are
identified and managed.
- Provide overall project administration, including planning,
directing and controlling resources in complex, cross-functional
scope projects to ensure compliance to SME specifications,
legal/regulatory/banking regulations and Asurion business
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish ownership
of project deliverables and timelines.
- Management of scope changes to facilitate controlled and agreed
upon changes to projects that are in flight.
- Manage project progress on schedule and within budget,
identifying risks to either and driving to mitigation strategies
with cross-functional, cross-geographical teams.
- Facilitate resolution of issues and/or escalate necessary
issues to leadership for resolution
- Establish internal and external project meeting cadences,
status reporting and communication plans required for the effective
execution of the program.
- Develop a repository for and maintain project documentation,
including (but not limited to): project vision/scope, business
requirements, IT technical requirements, change control logs,
status reports, action item lists and major business decision
- Facilitate coordination of resources to ensure thoroughness and
quality of end user acceptance testing and user training on all
systems implemented or modified to execute project scope.
- Provide post-implementation support to ensure all operational
and IT issues from project deliveries are resolved or transitioned
to operating groups for ongoing ownership.
- Document lessons learned from project implementations and
ensure improvement opportunities are leveraged in future project
- Assist in continuously improving performance metrics and
measurements to track project implementation and budget to actual
- Interact positively and pro-actively between departments and
geographies to promote a teamwork philosophy
- Promote the company's Core Values and Operating Principles with
adherence to both
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree, preferably in Finance, Business Administration or
related disciplines with finance, accounting, billing, payroll,
timekeeping focus or equivalent work experience
- Master's degree or equivalent related project management
experience is highly desired
- 3-5 years of billing or financial project management experience
and/or business process redesign experience in these areas is a
- 8-12 years of experience in managing moderate to high
complexity projects, with experience managing global projects being
- Advanced project management skills with the ability to
multi-task and manage multiple complex projects concurrently in a
cross geographical environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment; self-motivated,
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, presentation and
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Project, Visio) are
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) is
- PMP certification or equivalent training desired. Little
(0-20") domestic and/or international travel required
Keywords: Asurion, Nashville , Sr Project Manager / Finance Delivery Lead, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!