Company: Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Ascension Saint ThomasRehabilitation Hospita l Ascension Saint
Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital is a state-of-the-art, 40-bed
inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment
and recovery of individuals who have experienced a loss of function
due to an injury or illness. We offer intensive, patient-focused,
specialized rehabilitation services. JOB SUMMARY: The Nurse Manager
functions under the direction and supervision of the Chief Nursing
Officer and assumes responsibility for the Nursing Department. The
Nurse Manager in collaboration with the CNO and leadership team
assists to implement, interpret and ensure compliance with policies
and procedures including regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Nurse Manager supervises the Clinical Supervisors, Charge
Nurses, RNs, LPN/LVNs, CNAs/NAs and Unit Secretaries. The Nurse
Manager is responsible for implementing hospital goals and
objectives based on budget parameters. The Nurse Manager reinforces
the mission and vision of the hospital in all interactions.
- Provides a professional working environment for employees.
- Ensures the nursing department staff performs all aspects of
patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and
reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Ensures appropriate documentation, including documentation of
medical necessity, by staff in medical records; monitors completion
and revisions to the Interdisciplinary Care Plan.
- Ensures compliance with nursing scope of practice and
- Enforces compliance of the nursing department with
education/in-service requirements/orientation and
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and practice;
encourages staff development, including acquisition of CRRN for
qualified registered nurses.
- Assists to review and evaluate risk and quality indicators,
patient satisfaction results, and outcomes in order to continually
improve performance and outcomes; communicates this information to
the nursing department.
- May coordinate new admissions including room and staffing
- Ensures nursing attendance and participation in team
- Ensures staff completes charting timely.
- Ensures staff takes lunches when working 6 or more hours and
breaks as required by law.
- Ensures staff assignments are divided among staff taking into
account acuity and other factors.
- Manages staffing plans, nursing hours per patient day, and
quality of work of nursing staff.
- Ensures limited agency usage and overtime hours by managing and
monitoring the schedule.
- May have patient care assignment in addition to daily
- Coordinates and directs appropriate rehab care needs related to
patient/family educational needs, barriers or continuum of care
- Serves as a clinical rehab resources for patients/families
during their rehab stay.
- Coordinates, and assist as needed, with rehab specific
- Coordinates rehab patient care needs with front-line nursing
staff, as well as, acts as a liaison between other members of the
- Assists with rounding on patients/families.
- Assists with day to day coordination/follow-up of patient care
and problem resolution.
- Assists with ensuring QI accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing,
Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. BSN
- Current unrestricted state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- CRRN Certification preferred
- Minimum of two years of previous nursing leadership
- Minimum of two years previous rehab nursing experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Demonstrates strong problem solving and critical thinking
skills. by Jobble
Keywords: Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital, Nashville , Nurse Manager, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!