Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
Company: Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Chief Nursing Officer
Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital Ascension Saint
Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital is a state-of-the-art, 40-bed
inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment
and recovery of individuals who have experienced a loss of function
due to an injury or illness. We offer intensive, patient-focused,
specialized rehabilitation services. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Job
- Provides professional working conditions for employees.
- Ensures the nursing department staff performs all aspects of
patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and
reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Assists with development of the budget for the nursing
department in collaboration with the CEO and Controller. Manages
costs associated with personnel, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for staffing plans, management of nursing hours per
patient day, and quality of work of nursing staff.
- Assures compliance with nursing scope of practice and
- Enforces compliance of the nursing department with
education/in-service requirements/orientation and
- Leads monthly staff meetings and communicates information
to/from management and leadership.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and practice;
encourages staff development, including acquisition of CRRN for
qualified registered nurses.
- Assists to review and evaluate risk and quality indicators,
patient satisfaction results, and outcomes in order to continually
improve performance and outcomes; communicates this information to
the nursing department.
- Performs management activities including interviewing, hiring,
evaluating, counseling, and performance evaluations of staff in the
- Assures occurrence of appropriate documentation, including
documentation of medical necessity, by staff in medical records;
monitors completion and revisions to the Interdisciplinary Care
- Assures education and training is provided to nursing staff on
Quality Indicators (QI); assures timely and accurate QI assessments
and scoring is performed.
- Assures nursing attendance and participation in team
- Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in healthcare administration, business
administration, or clinical specialty preferred. Orproof of
intention to complete Master's Degree
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse licensure.
- Current CRRN or obtained within 2 years
- Minimum of five years' experience in healthcare
administration/management with a minimum of two years' experience
at a senior nursing management level.
- Minimum of five years' experience in hospital management in an
inpatient, acute care environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
skills. Tell us about your career path with Kindred Hospitals.
Hello, I'm Stephanie Madrid, Vice President, Regional Operations
for Kindred --- Benefits & Recognition Our goal is to offer
valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to
attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals.
Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going
above & beyond.Healthcare We offer a variety of Health Savings
Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.401(k) Plan Employees can
contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a
flexible Paid Time Off program.Wellness Program We offer tools,
resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking
cessation and making overall healthier choices.Community Community
involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with
our mission of customer service and quality care.Our caring,
compassionate caregivers and team members are proud to lead the way
in providing compassionate behavioral health services. If you are
interested in joining our team, we have opportunities that allow
you to provide exceptional care and outstanding service in an
environment committed to career growth and continual learning and
support.Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills
and background sent directly to your inbox.Connect with Our
RecruitersShare some preliminary info about yourself and we will
contact you to discuss your interests and career and future
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Inc., Nashville , Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...