Director of Operations
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: January 27, 2023
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
The main function of the Director of Operations is that of
leadership and promotion of cooperative staff effort.
The Director of Operations is responsible for the allocation and
completion of assigned functions in daily operations. Interprets
departmental philosophy, objectives, policy and procedure.
Areas of accountability of the Director of Operations are outlined
- Assistance to surgeons through provisions of adequately
prepared service team members.
- Delegation of responsibilities and duties to professional,
technical, and ancillary personnel.
- Responsibility for performance evaluation of all department
- Coordination of administrative duties to ensure proper
functioning of the staff.
- Coordination of the provision and control of materials,
supplies, and equipment with the supply.
- Coordination of activity within the O.R. suite.
- Risk Manager Designee.
- Other responsibilities or activities as determined by the SVP
- Monitors budget compliance in daily assessment of services
- Provides input into preparation of services budget.
Standards of Nursing Practice
- Monitors compliance of staff members in the daily practice of
- Communicates compliance of nursing standards to SVP of
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principals of growth and
development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to the age of the patients served. He/She shall be
able to interpret data about the patient's status in order to
identify each patient's age specific needs and provide the care
needed by the patients group.
- Cultural practices will be addressed and supported as long as
such practices do not harm others or interfere with planned course
of medical therapy.
Policies and Procedures
- Monitors staff compliance with policy and procedures.
- Interprets policy and procedures to staff members.
- Enforces compliance with policy and procedures.
- Communicates non-compliance to the SVP of Operations.
- Provides counseling and disciplinary measures to Ambulatory
Care Services personnel for non- compliance with policy and
Staffing and Utilization of Services Personnel
- Assigns services personnel based on levels of competency and
the needs of the patient.
- Assures equitable staff assignments.
- Participates in selection of services personnel after
consulting with SVP of Operations as needed.
- Completes and posts services personnel schedule.
- Actively participates in weekly nursing/clinical staff
- Evaluates orientation program of all new nursing/clinical
- Communicates educational needs of nursing/clinical personnel to
SVP of Operations
- Monitors staff compliance with annual re-certification
- Monitors service environment daily and assure surveillance of
safety issues and infection control program.
- Reviews monthly report of radiation detection badges and takes
appropriate action necessary.
- Assures staff participation and knowledge of fire and disaster
- Reviews electrical safety and assures all equipment is
inspected every six months.
- Reviews temperature and humidity controls and takes corrective
action as necessary.
- Reports environmental problems to the SVP of Operations.
Performance Improvement Program
- Reviews results of monthly Improvement activity and reports to
staff at regular meetings.
- Communicates with and provides input to the VP of Operations
regarding corrective action for performance improvement
Education and/or Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or two to
four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Nashville , Director of Operations, Executive , Brentwood, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!