TDOT Asset Management Director
Company: Tennessee Department of Transportation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Salary: $145,000 annually
TDOT's Asset Management Director (AMD) role is -charged with
overseeing the methods, processes, and standards designed to
optimize the service life management of TDOT's extensive inventory
of assets. The AMD ensures appropriate and effective data
collection and analysis to best inform TDOT's asset management
decisions and actions. The AMD goes beyond managing assets, they
are an integrator, that connects technical, engineering, financial,
and other specialty functions throughout the agency. Though the
role does have a strong technical component that requires a firm
grasp of emerging technologies relating to asset management, it is
a role -focused on coaching the team to advance an enterprise
vision and provide guidance on best practices. This position must
lead the effort to manage TDOT's assets in such a way as to
optimize service life performance within constrained budgets, but
above all, must be a passionate advocate for the vital role Asset
Management plays within the agency helping to integrate the
contributions of many different functional group's activities to
ensure the right priorities are set to meet the agency's mission.
They are an inquisitive problem-solver and a strong communicator
that can easily translate complex concepts to a wide range of
Essential Job Duties -
- Manages the overall leadership and direction for the TDOT's
statewide Asset Management discipline.
- Oversees the Statewide Asset Management Division as part of a
matrix organization and provides leadership and direction for both
statewide and regional asset management lead workers and their
- Leads efforts to develop asset management performance metrics
based on asset type.
- Updates and develops new comprehensive asset management
software that provides real time data and provides necessary
training to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Develops and updates policies, procedures, and manuals needed
to ensure consistent application of the TDOT asset management
- Ensures program compliance with applicable standards and
- Maintains and provides guidance for the TDOT's current asset
- Crafts asset management plans that complement the TDOT
strategic goals in accordance with TDOT's current asset management
programs and the development of new needed data sets in the areas
of Structures, Pavement, Ancillary Structures, Fleet and
Facilities, Hydraulics, Maintenance and System Operations.
- Establishes and implements the Transportation Asset Management
Plan and emergency management plans.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to align
project development budgets that drive the performance goals.
For a more in-depth description of the position, please see the
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed PE in Civil Engineering
- 12 Years of Demonstrated Competency in a combination of
transportation engineering, asset management, data management, data
analysis, program funding, and transportation projects, including
at least 3 years of management experience and 2 years supervising
professional and engineering staff.
Application for the TDOT Regional Director of Operations requires
completion and submission of the following two items:
- Letter explaining applicant interest in the position.
- Resume that is a maximum of two (2) pages.The two items should
be emailed to -TDOT.Careers@tn.gov -by November 30, 2022.
Keywords: Tennessee Department of Transportation, Nashville , TDOT Asset Management Director, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!