Company: Core Civic
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of
service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to
better the public good. We are currently seeking aUnit Managerwho
has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional, secure setting.Come join a team that is dedicated to
making an impact for the people and communities we serve.
The Unit Manager supervises staff assigned to the unit and oversees
unit program. They perform liaison functions throughout the
facility by attending a variety of administrative meetings, which
links the unit to the total facility operation. This individual
also provides for the unit to be fully staffed and oversees the
manner in which manpower resources are expended in the unit.
Lastly, they will monitor and assesses the unit's progress with an
emphasis on remedying any deficiencies.
- Directly supervise staff assigned to the unit in the
performance of their duties and evaluate as prescribed by facility
and corporate policy.
- Participate in recruiting, hiring and orienting assigned
- Communicate responsibilities, authorities and accountability to
all direct subordinates so that they are defined and
- Complete written evaluations on all staff under direct
supervision; review and approve staff evaluations completed by
subordinate managers or supervisors in accordance with corporate
- Routinely review subordinates' payroll records and the use of
- High school diploma, GED certification, or equivalent is
- Three years of experience in a criminal justice field, which
includes two years in a supervisory capacity or two years as a
CoreCivic Case Manager or Correctional Counselor,is required.
- Additional qualifying education may be substituted for the
experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience on a "CoreCivic Way" unit management team that
includes time served as an acting Unit Manager may be substituted
for the aforementioned qualifications.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles and practices of
correctional facility management, supervision, and training as well
as knowledge of, pertinent corrections laws, rules and
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: Core Civic, Nashville , Unit Manager, Executive , Hartsville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!