Plant Manager I
Company: Louisiana-Pacific Corporation
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link LP Building Products
is a leading global manufacturer of engineered wood products. At
LP, creating new solutions for building is who we are. Since we
pioneered our first engineered wood product, we've been continually
creating better products to fit the changing needs of the building
industry. -LP's values-driven, positive culture creates an
environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe,
ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more
than 40 years, we've developed careers and provided advancement
opportunities in the building products industry. -Job PurposeTo
manage all aspects of a plant in support of corporate business
objectives by ensuring compliance with all standards, policies, and
regulations for the safe, environmentally sound production of
quality product. This position is distinguished from a Plant
Manager II by the use of standard/routine technologies and the
responsibility of a component of a standard facility.Key
- Drives continuous safety, quality and environmental
improvements and culture based on current Best Practices
- Interacts with upper level management to define resource needs
of the plant such as raw materials and capital projects.
- Assembles and leads multi-function site business team.
- Develops, communicates and implements plant goals, business
objectives, operating plans and capital plans.
- Communicates the corporate vision and goals to staff and
- Represents LP within the local community.
- Manages and develops staff and employees, including hiring,
orientating, training and performance management.
- Lead performance management effort that includes the
identification and communication of critical success factors.
- Accountable for achieving forecasted financial performance
- Contribute to the process of managing the capital projects and
cost reductions process, including a 3-5 year capital expenditure
- Establishes and maintains customer focus for employees.
- Develops budget and manages within budgeted guidelines.
- Ensures compliance and perform all duties in accordance with
all safety/environmental rules and regulations.
- Manages and maintains equipment, site, and facilities in
appropriate working condition to meet business needs.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with key customers.
- Establishes solid manufacturing and operating systems to
maximize production and profitability.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and
- Perform other duties as necessary.QualificationsKnowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and process improvement
- Broad knowledge of safety and environmental systems and
- Knowledge of current management and supervisory
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate
people toward a goal.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to lead meetings/teams.
- Project management and problem solving skills.
- Budget management and financial analysis skills.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to interface with customers, staff, other functional
areas, and the community.
- Ability to organize structure and develop staff.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to use computer and supporting software.Education:
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Manufacturing, Production or
- 6+ years' experience in technical manufacturing facility,
preferably within the forest products industry.
- 3+ years' experience managing professional, technical, and/or
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that
demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of
- Travel required 20% of the time.
- Office environment within a plant setting.
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and
programs including health and welfare benefits, 401(k) program,
career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities,
profit sharing and more.
Job Segment: Plant, Manager, Plant Manager, Project Manager,
Performance Management, Manufacturing, Management, Technology,
Human Resources 414 UNION STREET SUITE 2000 NASHVILLE TN 37219
Keywords: Louisiana-Pacific Corporation, Nashville , Plant Manager I, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!