Assistant Manager - Room Operations
Company: Marriott International, Inc
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Posting Date Jun 16, 2022
Job Number 22099916
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Renaissance Nashville Hotel, 611 Commerce Street,
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet,
peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given
an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every
experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about
your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one
wouldn't find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you're in
the right place. You've got authentic style, natural curiosity and
a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend
the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with
style like yours. That's why we're not just looking for anyone.
We're looking for someone like you.
JOB SUMMARYEntry level management position that focuses on
supporting the day-to-day activities of Rooms Operations of areas
that include Housekeeping, Recreation. Laundry, Staff, AYS and
Concierge/Guest Services. Position assists in working with
employees to carry out guest arrival and departure procedures and
to maintain the property's cleanliness standards. Strives to ensure
guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating
budget.CANDIDATE PROFILEEducation and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the guest
services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.OR
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and
Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or
related major; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk,
housekeeping, or related professional area.CORE WORK
ACTIVITIESSupporting the Management of Rooms Operations Activities
- Opens and closes Front Desk shifts / Housekeeping and ensuring
completion of assigned shift checklist and other duties.
- Runs and reviews critical information contained in room
- Understands the functions of the Recreation. Laundry,
Housekeeping, Bell Staff, AYS, Front Desk and Concierge/Guest
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reporting
- Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
- Understands night audit procedures and being able to comprehend
and utilize reports as necessary.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and
- Communicates performance expectations employees in accordance
with job descriptions for each position.
- Handles employee questions and concerns.
- Effectively schedules employees to business demands and tracks
employee time and attendance.Contributing Information to Support
Managing to Budget
- Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue
and property occupancy.
- Verifies accuracy of room rates to maximize revenue
- Uses budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports
as needed to assist in the management of the Room Operations.
- Participates in the management of departmental controllable
expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Understands the impact of Room Operations on the overall
property financial goals and objectives.Providing for and Managing
the Guest Experience
- Assists in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
- Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to
ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use
to recognize guest preferences and
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and
service levels; effectively responding to and handles guest
problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction
results with employees.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Inc, Nashville , Assistant Manager - Room Operations, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!