Director Of Finance
Company: The Hermitage Hotel
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Note: Hospitality Industry experience is a MUST for this
position. The Hermitage Hotel is looking for a Director of Finance
to continue the legacy of our outgoing retiring current Director
who has led the Department of Finance at the hotel for 19
- Affordable and comprehensive health insurance which can be
extended to include a spouse, children, or domestic partner.
- Affordable dental and vision insurance.
- Company provided life insurance
- 401k matching up to 3%
- Free telehealth access for all employees
- Customizable and comprehensive pet insurance
- Complimentary meals in the employee cafeteria
- Subsidized parking
- PTO starting at 15 days/year and increasing with tenure up to
- Support for industry training and certifications
RoleThe Director of Finance leads and manages all financial
functions within the organization while participating and
supporting a high level of guest service and a profitable business
climate. As a positive and proactive leader, interreacts with all
senior management on business reviews, manages budgets across
multiple departments/divisions and forecasts future needs using a
long-term planning process to make informed decisions that improve
company performance, while being vigilant to day-to-day
transactions and trends. Involved with capital project planning and
administration, information technology and cyber-security.
The Director of Finance oversees the day-to-day operations of the
Accounting Department. This position is responsible for monitoring
of all revenues, accurate and efficient functioning of accounts
receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and cash management.
- Plan, direct, and manage the provision of accurate, timely, and
objective financial data from which informed management decisions
can be made.
- Safeguard owner assets by creating and maintaining sound
internal control systems.
- Direct preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts- M3
- Establish or recommend to management major economic objectives
and policies for the hotel.
- Support the general manager and hotel financial goals by direct
preparation of monthly and annual reports, summarize and forecast
hotel revenues, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures and
all applicable laws.
- Negotiate and monitor contracts with hotel vendors.
- Ensure the collection and payment of applicable local, state,
and federal taxes.
- Advise management of desirable operational adjustments due to
tax code revisions.
- Arrange for audits of hotel accounts.
- Lead a team of high-performing accounting individuals.
- Work with external auditors and third-parties.
- Maintain appropriate standards for 30-60-90-120 day accounts.
Conform to standards regarding the average collection period.
- Document the local credit policy and audit property
- Approve all major accounts for credit as defined by local
- Conduct credit and write-off meetings as requested.
- Submit accurate and timely critiques and credit loss reports as
- Review all major banquet functions and group accounts for
proper credit extensions prior to arrival.
- Member of the hotel executive committee.
Additional Job Duties:
- Special projects as assigned by management or ownership.
- 5-7 years of accounting experience preferably in the
hospitality industry, including both accounts payables and accounts
- Able to work weekends and holidays as required to meet
- Able to work flexible hours and extended shifts as required and
to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance from accredited
four-year college or university.
- Experience with accounting software, hotel PMS, hotel POS, and
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving and planning
- Able to carry out tasks independently and accurately.
- Able to operate phones, calculator, computer equipment, fax
machines, copiers and printers.
- Prior hospitality controller experience.
Keywords: The Hermitage Hotel, Nashville , Director Of Finance, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!