National Sales Manager - Fully Remote
Company: Fern Expo
Posted on: June 25, 2022
POSITION TITLE: National Sales Manager - Trade Shows &
LOCATION: Fully Remote
The National Sales Manager position requires an individual that is
a self-starter who is driven to succeed in a focused, direct sales
environment. This position requires a goal-setter able to
demonstrate consistent measurable and effective sales activities,
moving prospects to leads and ultimately to clients. This candidate
will have effective communications and strong relationship-building
skills. As a National Sales Manager, you will be required to
multi-task, be well organized, prepared, and accountable. As an
effective National Sales Manager, you will be required to maintain
a winning attitude and a commitment to retaining and growing a
portfolio of accounts through a disciplined and regimented sales
The position reports to the Vice President of National Sales in
connection with National Sales targets. You will be engaged by the
Executive Vice President and other various senior management team
members from time to time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a deep understanding of Fern s philosophy, overall
product/service offering, and partner network to communicate to our
- Identify, qualify, and solicit new and repeat clients per
company goals and objectives.
- Build industry relationships that lead to sales referrals and
- Develop professional relationships that result in the long-term
retention of clients.
- Perform timely and effective solicitation and follow-up through
face-to face, written, or verbal communications.
- Plan and conduct appointments (phone, online, face to face,
etc.) to understand prospective clients' needs and challenges.
- Develop and present proposals to prospective clients using
professional communication skills and presentation materials
created by you and supplied by the company.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of internal costs (labor,
materials, equipment, etc.) associated with producing events to
create accurately priced client proposals.
- Participate in company sales activities to sustain your
understanding of the company's directives and resources.
- Participate in industry activities to seek qualified sales
leads, promote the company brand.
- Repeatedly provide complete and accurate account updates via
- Represent the organizationally professionally at all times and
respond quickly to all client and co-worker requests.
- Perform regular budgeting, scheduling, and sales projections
associated with account assignments to management.
SPECIFIC NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Your sales targets will consist of business renewals (previous
customers you or Fern have served) and new business (customers not
previously served by Fern), consisting of events held throughout
the United States.
- You will be responsible for discovering sales leads through
industry research, relationships with CVBs, Convention Centers,
Major Hotels, and online resources. Utilizing data and resources
relative to sales opportunities, you will be required to qualify
these leads, introduce Fern, secure face-to-face meetings. The
objective is to establish a professional relationship, understand
clients' needs, form successful sales strategies that close new
- To be successful at contracting new and repeat clients (your
historical clients and Ferns), it will be vital that you build a
relationship with each client leading up to the opportunity to
submit proposals so that the client will favor our company.
- Consistently demonstrate the capacity to develop a sales
strategy that is unique to each prospect.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in composing and
presenting proposals and presentations.
- Sales goals are expected to be achieved, demonstrate a genuine
and dedicated effort leading to you meeting or exceeding these
- This position requires individuals who are experts in new
business development and are proven closers.
IDEAL CANDIDATES QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor s degree required.
- Experience in trade shows or related industry preferred.
- Five plus years experience in direct sales and a verifiable
track record of success.
- Strong client relationship skills and a high degree of comfort
at networking events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
Salesforce (or other CRM). Associated topics: administrative,
branch manager, management, principal, sales director, sales
executive, sales leader, sales management, team leader, territory
Keywords: Fern Expo, Nashville , National Sales Manager - Fully Remote, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!