Director, Revenue Accounting (USA Remote)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company Description When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed
into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global
education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered
with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and
fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000
academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our
services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback
Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and
ProctorExam.Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia,
Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine,
the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of
colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference
in education. Come join us, and let's make change together. - Job
Description This role will lead and direct the activities of the
revenue accounting team to record and report revenue based on and
in accordance with USGAAP. - The position requires a highly
motivated individual with a proven background in revenue accounting
models (software revenue recognition and ASC 606). The position
also requires a fundamental knowledge and experience with month end
close procedures, and controls, analytics, foreign currency issues
and working with external auditors.This is a Global leadership
position within a fast-growing, dynamic business and as such there
will be an expectation that the individual appointed will have a
genuine focus on continuous improvement and the gravitas to drive
improvements across the Company's key business processes.
- Lead and manage the revenue accounting team in day-to-day
revenue recognition methods for accounting and reporting
- Communicate and work alongside key stakeholders including
- Review and approve all final revenue reconciliations and
- Be the key senior contact for the internal and external
auditors to ensure real time collective support on approach to
- Optimising processes and controls across the revenue process,
enhancing current procedures and implementing new ones to drive
- Provide support and guidance to the sales, legal, and
operations teams during contract negotiations and reviews in the
areas of revenue recognition
- Manage full cycle general ledger financial close process for
revenue and related activities to ensure complete and accurate
financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including managing and
reviewing close activities such as journal entries and account
reconciliations within the established close timeline
- Develop and maintain the performance of the team directly and
indirectly through Team Leaders, including recruiting, coaching,
performance management and developing the team as is needed.
- The Global leader for ASC 606, ensuring compliance across all
revenue streams, bundles and customer/partner/reseller
- A technical expert on the subject of revenue recognition, you
will educate the business on this topic and develop your team to
follow in your footsteps.
- Perform ad-hoc management related requests and analysis
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACA, CPA)
- 5+ years experience with US GAAP, in particular evidence of
experience with ASC 606
- 5+ years of experience managing staff
- Strong effective communication skills at all levels of the
business, including c-suite
- Tech savvy with proven experience of working in NetSuite
- Experience of working for a SAAS Company preferred -
- Strong solution-oriented leadership skills with a demonstrated
ability to influence management and contributors at all levels of
the organization and across functions
- Experience of working within a complex US corporate structure
highly advantageous - Additional Information Our Mission is to
ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve
learning outcomes. -Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity
and improve learning outcomes by -putting educators and learners at
the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are
constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables
them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin.
It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we
work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower
teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate
effectively, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace
diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact
on education. -Seeing Beyond the Job AdAt Turnitin, we recognize
it's unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in
a job ad. -We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of
the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If
you're willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
-Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have
equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Turnitin, Nashville , Director, Revenue Accounting (USA Remote), Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!