Director of Safety
Company: CS Recruiting
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Our client is the first entertainment transportation provider
started and managed by concert touring professionals. Their
extensive knowledge of the touring industry and focus on customer
service and communication allows them to maintain incredible
perspective and vision of how to best serve their clients. From
single truck one-offs to multiple trucks out for months, our client
is best equipped to handle your next trucking movement!
Director of Safety
This role must exhibit a high level of professionalism, integrity,
and ethics. This role is responsible for managing all aspects of
the fleet's safety and training programs and will oversee the
quality control of work performed by drivers and related
Job Type: Full-time
- Manages all aspects of the fleet's safety and training
programs. Accountable for driver orientation, accident reviews,
remedial safety training, post-accident BAT or drug testing
- Oversees the quality control of work performed by drivers and
related personnel; ensuring DOT and company policy compliance;
manages work schedules; assists the Operations Manager in the
resolution of personnel matters related to Safety Compliance.
- Accountable for building strong relationships with drivers
through daily interactions and face to face safety meetings.
- Promotes a culture of safety by evaluating the safety
performance of all drivers and identifying training needs.
- Reviews logs; responds to any driver problems, concerns, or
complaints; coordinates with fleet coordinator to ensure safe and
- Ensure employee's compliance to policies including pre-post
trip, DOT compliance, insurance cards, fuel cards, accident
packets, fire extinguishers etc.
- Works with Operations Manager to enforce all company policies
- Ability to perform road-tests, security audits, ride-along
evaluations and shadow audits.
- Oversees all maintenance and repairs to ensure they have been
completed properly and in a timely, cost-effective manner; monitors
vendor performance and warranty claims; maintains vehicle records;
ensures proper inspection and cleaning of vehicles; assists with
- Works with office staff to ensure all equipment and software
programs are functioning properly, to diagnose and repair problems,
and to make improvements.
- Answers questions about service; works with office staff to
resolve customer complaints.
- Assists the executive team in communicating with the drivers
and related positions.
- Operates within the established Company budget.
- Attends all meetings as required by the Operations
- Establishes and maintains sound business and financial
procedures in accordance with Federal and State laws and internal
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations
- 2+ Years of experience in a logistics role.
- Knowledge of Federal Motors Carriers Safety Administration,
Department of Transportation, and Compliance Safety Accountability
- Must understand paper and electronic logs, Hours of Service. An
Active Valid CDL Class-A License preferred, but not required.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
- Must possess verbal skills to convey complex information and
procedures in a clear, professional manner.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Basic math skills to perform essential functions for route
planning and hours of service management.
- Reading skills to comprehend complex load instruction and to
interpret and communicate their meaning.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism, integrity, and ethics
working amicably with the Owner, the CEO, Management, Fleet
Coordinators, Office Staff, Other Drivers, & Entertainment
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and sit.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics,
Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain,
Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet,
Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods
Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short
Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck
Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, high value, home delivery, consumer
products, devices, fragile, variable inventory, sort and
segregation, hand count, Dispatch, dispatching, dispatcher,
terminal, check-ins, track and trace, load times, wait times,
scheduling, pricing, rate negotiation, driver management,
maintenance scheduling, fleet, fleet management, fleet
coordination, driver checks, MC numbers, FMCSR, OSHA, MC#, MC
Number, Carrier Compliance, CFR Regulations, Federal Safety, State
Safety, DOT, CMV Operation, Driver Qualification Files, DQF, Motor
Carrier Regulations, Carrier On-Boarding, Claims, Insurance,
Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle
Keywords: CS Recruiting, Nashville , Director of Safety, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!