VP, Director of Channel Activation
Company: The Buntin Group
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Director of Channel Activation will lead department wide
collaboration efforts amongst Brand Management, Strategy and
Analytics. The person in this role is expected to bring dynamic
perspectives and forward-thinking media strategies by maintaining
an expertise of technology and data in the field. The ideal person
for this role will have an eagerness to mentor and grow direct
reports to hone media competencies and leadership/relationship
skills with internal stakeholders and industry suppliers. It is
essential that this person has extensive experience directly
related to all channels of buying as well as investment and
- Lead our Channel Activation Team, overseeing investment and
performance across digital and traditional media channels.
- Direct reports include Director of Search, Programmatic and
Social and Directors of Local and National Video and Audio.
- Recruit and mentor team to negotiate/activate media campaigns
efficiently and flawlessly.
- Maintain and expand guidelines, skill sets, and competencies
needed to drive flawless execution and strong performance for our
- Actively engage in and create a team culture invested in
identifying insights and other optimization opportunities based on
activation data streams and client dashboards.
- Maintain and expand processes and procedures that drive
efficiency and accuracy at all levels; ensure team compliance.
- Collaborate with your counterpart leaders in Channel Strategy
and Performance Analytics to ensure accurate and consistent
monitoring, optimization and reporting of campaigns at varying
cadences (daily, weekly, monthly, post-campaign, etc.)
- Consult with Channel Strategy and Performance Analytics teams
on tracking and measurement approaches.
- In association with Strategy and Performance Analytics leaders
and outside vendors, co-lead execution of various 3rd party
brand/sales lift studies, multi-touch attribution models, and
regression and media mix models.
- In collaboration with Channel Strategy, Performance Analytics,
and Brand Management, support and participate in devising,
developing, and executing various test and learn experiments.
- Collaborate with Channel Strategy, Brand Management, and
Creative teams to activate dynamic creative campaigns.
- Serve as an agency subject matter expert and thought leader on
best practices for channel activation and performance
- Lead directors in identifying and championing relationships
with key media and data/technology suppliers that lead to
innovative solutions and beneficial pricing for our clients.
- Oversee investment associated with channel activation -
including team's use of media technology to manage vendor contract
and insertion orders; negotiation, execution and confirmation of
buys; reconciliation of vendor invoices; and Channel Activation
team's role in the preparation of client billing.
- Ensure team maintains financial integrity and media purchases
are audit friendly.
- Keep highly in-tune with ever changing pulse of activation
technology, models, data, and capabilities; able to provide
strategic POVs to agency leadership and clients on appropriate
responses to these trends.
- Proactively operationalize new technologies, models, data
tools, and capabilities as necessary to maintain a modern and
forward-looking activation team. Qualifications:
- 10+ years progressive experience in overseeing performance
media and/or investments in an agency environment.
- Solid leadership ability, with strong emotional intelligence;
ability to lead and grow results-oriented teams. A passion for
mentoring and developing others.
- A background in brand and performance-oriented campaigns.
- Experience with leading digital investment teams (rep-based
buying, programmatic buying, search, etc.) and/or broadcast buying
teams; strong desire to lead the overall integrated investment and
- Knowledge of media channels, suppliers/capabilities and
associated cost models used across various channels.
- Familiarity and experience with major traditional and digital
activation data and technology (e.g., Nielsen, Comscore, Media
Ocean/Prisma, DCM, DSP platforms, search and social platforms,
Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - adept at
communicating complex concepts to people with varying levels of
understanding. Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Experience overseeing investment in omni-channel campaigns with
media and/or sports/entertainment properties (i.e., media, content
integrations, sponsorships, partnerships).
- Experience with multi-touch attribution modeling, media mix
- Experience developing and activating dynamic
- Experience with influencer and experiential marketing.
- Experience with marketing platforms (e.g., Salesforce, Adobe,
Oracle). We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: The Buntin Group, Nashville , VP, Director of Channel Activation, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!