Director - Physics & Dosimetry
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: February 25, 2021
work Full-time assignment_ind No Weekends star_rate New
Category: Directors and Managers --- Job ID: 26140-7668 Sarah
Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, offers integrated
cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies
for those facing cancer in communities across the United States and
United Kingdom. Sarah Cannon's cancer programs include
individualized patient navigation provided by oncology-trained
nurses, more than 1,200 stem cell transplants performed annually
throughout the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, hundreds of
clinical trials, and molecular profiling capabilities. Through its
services, Sarah Cannon is providing state-of-the-art cancer care
close to home for hundreds of thousands of patients, a number
unmatched by any single cancer center. By bringing together a
network of globally recognized cancer experts, we are collaborating
and sharing best practices that address every aspect of the cancer
journey, from screening and diagnosis through treatment and
survivorship. Summary of Position:
- The Director of Physics and Dosimetry works with the AVP of
Radiation Oncology and the Physician-in-Chief of Radiation Oncology
to provide administrative leadership for the development,
implementation, and maintenance of a comprehensive radiation
oncology program across the Sarah Cannon Enterprise.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining, in collaboration
with physician and clinical leadership, clinical guidelines,
processes, and quality metrics, as well as methods to measure and
communicate best practices throughout the enterprise.
- Responsible for developing and implementing best practices for
physics and dosimetry across the enterprise.
- Act as an expert resource for HCA radiation oncology programs.
This position requires an in-depth understanding of radiation
oncology clinical practice, physics, dosimetry, and the
technologies utilized within a radiation oncology clinic. Strong
communication, meeting facilitation, and writing skills will be
essential for success in this role. Your Duties include:
- Collaborating with clinical leadership to develop and maintain
standards of care, clinical guidelines, and policies and procedures
for Radiation Oncology throughout the Sarah Cannon enterprise.
- Facilitating the enterprise-wide Sarah Cannon Radiation
Oncology Executive Committee in collaboration with the Senior
Director, Radiation Oncology and Physician-in-Chief, Radiation
- Developing and maintaining the Sarah Cannon Radiation Oncology
Program toolkits in support of centers of excellence throughout the
- Establishing programs to regularly measure, analyze, and report
key clinical quality performance indicators.
- Communicating with, and influences radiation oncologists,
physicists, dosimetrists, and administrators in implementing the
Sarah Cannon Cancer Centers of Excellence criteria.
- In collaboration with the AVP of Radiation Oncology and the
Manager, Clinical OIS, provides leadership, guidance and training
for physics and dosimetry components of the enterprise radiation
OIS, including standardization and quality analytics.
- Developing shared service models for physics and dosimetry that
promote peer-to-peer review, efficient resource allocation, and
best practice sharing.
- Leading the development of key technology initiatives such as
implementation of knowledge-based planning and standardized
treatment planning review.
- Assisting radiation oncology leadership with the ongoing
evaluation of technology.
- Collaborating with the Sarah Cannon clinical programs team to
ensure alignment in program build and deployment.
- Supporting facility program accreditation through the
development and maintenance of toolkits and programs.
- Serving as an expert resource for radiation oncology in
collaborative efforts between Sarah Cannon and other organizations
within HCA. Qualifications For this position, you must have:
- Master's Degree (1-2 year program)
- Board Certified Physicist by the ABR or ABMC
- At least 7 years of experience as a Physicist
- At least 7 years of Radiation oncology experience
- Proficient in radiation physics, dosimetry and treatment
delivery as they relate to both internal and external radiation
therapy It is preferred that you have:
- Doctorate Degree (1-2 year program)
- At least 10 years of experience as a Physicist
- At least 10 years of Radiation oncology experience
- Knowledge of radiation oncology operating informatics
- Experience with Aria or Mosaic Do you find this opportunity
compelling, if so we encourage you to apply? We promptly review all
applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one
of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today. We
offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
fantastic opportunity. We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the
next possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking-- here . For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
1. Get job notifications based
on your interests HCA Healthcare
One Park Plaza
Nashville, TN 37203 Copyright 1999-2020 C-HCA, Inc.; All rights
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Nashville , Director - Physics & Dosimetry, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!