Chief Clinical Integration Officer
Company: Nashville General Hospital
Posted on: February 25, 2021
DescriptionThe Chief Clinical Integration Officer [CCIO] will
report to the Chief Executive Officer. The CCIO is responsible for
developing the vision, strategy, and leading efforts to innovate,
integrate and standardize care delivery across Nashville General
Hospitals network and continuum that optimizes care delivery. The
CCIO will help guide strategic direction and provide leadership.
S/he will have the ability to influence and shape professional
behaviors in driving organizational change. Job Duties:
- Develops and continually tests and refines appropriate
interventions ensuring care at the right time, right provider,
right place, and that is high quality and cost-effective.
- Drives integration and alignment of various clinical and
operational strategies for the network.
- Understanding of conceptual and theoretical frameworks that
drive performance [Baldrige, CCM, PCMH, Triple Aim, 4DX, etc.]
- Supports and develops network commitment to improving health,
the experience of health, and lowering costs.
- Responsible for oversight of all care integration
- Oversees all integration operations and provides high-level
direction and consultation, review, and direction to all
departments, hospitals, practices, and continuum partners.
- Evaluates infrastructure and resources to maintain contemporary
approaches to the least restrictive patient placement across the
- Reviews data and develops and maintains a state-of-the-art
- Implements process improvement efforts to accelerate and drive
an agenda of operational efficiency and clinical excellence.
- Ensures effective processes are in place to foster open lines
of communication with leadership, physicians, and staff relating to
- Ensures information is communicated vertically and horizontally
across the network as needed, and keeps leadership informed of any
- Maintains community affiliations to support and promote network
- Maintains budget
- Chairs or supports Board level committees and participates on
appropriate committees and workgroups across the network.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in healthcare, business, or
relevant discipline is required. A RN clinical background is highly
desirable. Master's preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a clinically
integrated environment, or accountable care organization. Desired
- Comfort working within an organization preparing for
- Strong communicator and negotiator with experience leading
successful diverse teams; ability to foster an environment of
shared accountability; operates with transparency.
- Leadership with a focus on conceptualizing vast, game-changing
possibilities, providing the stewardship to bring them to light,
while also committing the tools, training and mentoring to bring
about personal/professional growth across the team.
- Capable of functioning in ambiguous environments and handling
multiple diverse tasks simultaneously. Flexible and
- Results-driven; proven ability to drive a strategy that meets
organizational goals and relies on a strong use of analytics and
metrics in decision-making.
- Systems-thinking skills with ability to provide thought
leadership across a large, diverse and complex healthcare
- Highly analytical with the ability to integrate efforts to
- Solid professional judgment.
- Leads with transparency and authenticity.
- Acumen to constructively balance occasional competing demands
of stakeholders. Physical and mental requirements: The Physical
demands and work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions
- Ability to work long hours - over eight in a workday, and over
40 in a work week as necessary;
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or
- Frequently is required to walk and sit. Occasionally required
to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.Nashville General
Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.--We
are an E-Verify employer. For more information, please click on the
E-Verify Participation Poster: English -----Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English -----Spanish You have been
redirected to a Nashville General Hospital job page
Keywords: Nashville General Hospital, Nashville , Chief Clinical Integration Officer, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!