Talent Development Manager
Posted on: September 15, 2020
Human Capital is a global function that partners across our
businesses and regions to align our people initiatives with our
strategic priorities. We believe that superior returns come from
investing in people and we support the personal and professional
growth of all. Our team is organized across the following
functions: Analytics, Benefits, Diversity & Inclusion, Employee
Relations, HRIS & Administration, Organizational Development,
Recruiting, and Talent Development.
We are looking for a Talent Development Manager/Lead to join our
growing Talent Management and Organizational Development (OD) Team
as part of Human Capital. The Talent Management and OD Team is
responsible for leading global talent management processes,
employee engagement, and culture initiatives across the firm. This
role will be responsible for full execution of a global talent
Execute global talent development strategy including:
- Needs Assessment - Conducts continuous needs assessment across
the firm to align curriculum to training and development needs of
- Management Development Curriculum - Design, deliver, deploy and
evaluate a multi-channel curriculum to develop managers to
effectively drive high performance and engagement. Channels to
leverage - classroom; live virtual; self-directed online;
on-the-job; meetings; conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) - Partner with the D&I Team
and Diversity Talent Development Specialist to build, integrate and
deliver training and development curriculum designed to develop
managers on effective inclusive management approaches and
- Career Path Strategy - Develop and execute on a strategy to
provide clarity and process to career pathing at AB.
- Annual Trainings - Partner with Human Capital and Legal and
Compliance to effectively execute on required annual employee
- Communication and Adoption - Responsible for the communication
and marketing of programs to drive adoption of curriculum across
the firm's various business units. And work cross-functionally to
influence the SBUs across the firm towards a more consistent
application of our training and development curriculum
- Evaluation - Continuously assess effectiveness of the
organization's training and development programs and recommends
areas of improvement.
- Evaluate, select and manage key external vendor relationships
to deliver training and development services as needed to ensure
appropriate service levels are met.
- Work cross-functionally to influence the SBUs across the firm
towards a more consistent application of our training and
- Team participation - We are all one-team. Collaborate and
participate across the Talent Management and OD and Human Capital
Teams to contribute to initiatives as needed.
Job Qualifications & Key Attributes:
The ideal candidate should have:
- 5 - 8 years of relevant experience in designing and
implementing talent development programs in consulting or corporate
- Strong business acumen; experience in the financial services
industry is preferred but not required.
- Prior experience managing small teams and developing
- Significant experience facilitating training sessions to large
groups including senior/executive level leaders.
- Demonstrated expertise in Learning Design with experience
leveraging multiple delivery channels (classroom, online/virtual,
- Demonstrated curiosity to keep abreast of the current thinking
and trends in talent development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Being collaborative and open to other viewpoints
- Demonstrating agility and innovation when faced with complexity
- Bachelor's degree, advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MA, M.Ed.)
AllianceBernstein (AB) is a global investment-management firm
providing industry-leading research and investment solutions
through a combination of innovation, intellectual curiosity and
relentless ingenuity. We offer high-quality research and
diversified investment services to institutional and individual
investors worldwide. Our clients include some of the world's top
institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail
investors. Through close partnerships with our clients, we
collaborate on investment strategies across regions and sectors to
inspire innovative thinking and deliver superior outcomes.
We invest in our people and in the communities in which we operate,
and we celebrate our diversity to showcase what makes us unique. We
offer our talent the opportunity to grow professionally while
working on cutting-edge ideas and outcomes in a global culture that
operates as a tight-knit community.
If you're ready to innovate and grow your career, join us.
People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ people are
encouraged to apply. AB does not discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion,
creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital
status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by
applicable law. AB's policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure
that employment opportunities are available to all employees and
applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.Nashville,
Keywords: AllianceBernstein, Nashville , Talent Development Manager, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!