Patient Care Manager
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Job Summary:The Manager, Patient Care Services (CVOR/Cath
Lab/EP) is a leadership role that has comprehensive operational
authority and responsibility for designated clinical area(s). Their
responsibilities include: fiscal accountability, maintaining
quality and regulatory standards, maintaining a high level of
patient/family centered care and service, patient and staff
satisfaction, program development, managing and developing teams,
and ensuring integration with the clinical enterprise. Provides
feedback, coaching and mentoring to less experienced peers and
other members of the health care team.
- Salaried, minimum of 40 hours a week.
here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the
difference they make
University Medical Center:
in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of
discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals
come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It
is a place
where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and
challenged. It is a place where your diversity - of culture,
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where
employees know they
are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take
exceptional pride in
their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday.
Vanderbilt's mission is to advance
health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,
Our Nursing Philosophy:
highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to
University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care,
research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused
people, families and communities reach excellent health and
Achieve the Remarkable:
about VUMC Nursing:
- Nursing Careers:
- Our Nursing Philosophy:
- Our Nursing Leadership:
- Shared Governance:
- Education & Professional Development:
- Life In Nashville:
- VUMC Nursing:
- Collaborates to operationalize the mission, strategic plan,
budgets, resource allocation, operational plans, and policies for
the PCC, Hospitals and Vanderbilt Clinic.
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets following
established guidelines and using benchmark data.
- Develops and monitors the implementation of area specific
quality plan linked to organizational goals.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the
position and additional duties may be assigned.
- 1. Nursing degree required. Master of Science in Nursing (MSN),
or Doctorate in nursing. 2. Masters degree or higher education
required. 3. If nursing degree at Bachelor of Science in Nursing
(BSN) level, then masters can be non-nursing degree. and 5 years
relevant experience Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration
- Registered Nurse RequiredPreferred:
- Pediatric CVOR experience
- Leadership experience
needed & Physical Demands Movement
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.Sensory
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise
levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85
decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation
Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville , Patient Care Manager, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!