Project Engineer (Chattanooga/
Company: RJ Young Co.
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Project Engineer (Chattanooga/Nashville)
Submitted Monday, January 21, 2019Major Goals and Responsibilities
This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Managing completion of assigned projects, utilizing self, Project Engineers, Implementation Engineers and Field Service Support
- Responding and guiding in the completion of customer support requests requiring project engineer level assistance
- Ensuring completion of proper documentation and logging of project work utilizing software (currently ConnectWise)
- Completing tickets as assigned
- Completion of specialized routine maintenance on contract clients
- Ensuring effective communication with engineers, project managers and technicians to ensure the project SOW is identified, understood and executed at or below budget.
- Documenting daily activity and time utilization
- Attending project and sales meetings as required
- Following specialty best practices
- Maintaining and implementing technical training for new Support
- Other responsibilities are participating in-house training, computer training, and self-pace courses as directed.
Products and Services
- PCs, Laptops, smartphones, tablets, servers, network storage devices, wireless networks, VoIP Devices, firewalls, network switches, hands-on experience in network set-up, configuration, maintenance.
- Requires advanced knowledge of networking.
- Configure and maintain Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VPNs, and Backup & Restore functions.
- Working knowledge of the following Microsoft operating systems: Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016; Windows 7, and Windows 8, Windows 10. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Office 365.
- MacOS configuration, installation and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to configure routers from multiple vendors and good working knowledge of port forwarding and firewall settings.
- Good integration and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to resolve client problems remotely using VSA tools.
- Advanced PC troubleshooting skills: removing viruses and malware, repairing corrupt operating systems, backing up data, and documenting settings before reloading an operating system.
- Superb documentation skills.
- Maintain an accurate account of time, mileage, and expenses for all appointments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 10% Triage / Ticket Preparation
- 65% Performing remote and on-site project work
- 25% Documentation, configurations, and training
Prerequisites (i.e., education, experience)
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- A+ Certification is required
- Net + Certification is required
- Advanced IT Certifications desirable
- Concentrated IT Certification required
- Two-year technical degree desirable..
- Prefer 4-year hands-on experience in the field or lab: diagnosing, setting up, configuring and managing PCs, and addressing any moves, ads or changes within the environment, removing malware and user administration
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft operating systems.
- Experience in other or mixed environments (Linux, Mac, etc.) beneficial.
- Advanced understanding of cabling, connectivity, and VoIP.
Keywords: RJ Young Co., Nashville , Project Engineer (Chattanooga/, Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!