Company: Bank of New York Mellon
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at
the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one
of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages
trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration.
Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work
with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon
has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive
new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000
employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to
grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what
#LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We welcome you to apply! When applying to this general posting, our
expert BNY Mellon Talent Acquisition Team may also review your
resume for consideration across other open roles within the
We're seeking a future team member in the role of Automation
Engineer to join our Engineering (TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP) team
with afocusof ENTERPRISE MONITORING AUTOMATION. This role is
located in Lake Mary OR Pittsburgh, PA - HYBRID.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate
application software development services or technical
- Provides application software development services or technical
support in more complex situations.
- May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD
preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software
- Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test
- May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project.
- The job holder leads the technical design, development and
documentation of cross-functional, multi-platform application
- S/he analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data,
workflow, and logical processes and interfaces with other
- S/he also ensures that expected application performance levels
are achieved by coordinating, coding, testing, implementation and
- Must have thorough and demonstrative knowledge on or both the
user-side frontend of a website, as well as the backend,
server-side that powers the user-side.
- Additional requirements include intermediate understanding of
security principles, relational databases and architecture design
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to satisfy
requirements and solutions.
- Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt
- Actively participate in code reviews. Integrate software
components into a fully functional software system. Apply security
and privacy principles.
- Execute full lifecycle software development. Develop software
verification plans and quality assurance procedures. Troubleshoot,
debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Ensure software is updated with latest features. Participate in
deployment process following all change controls.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in
existing systems and platforms. Provide recommendations for
- Active learning engagement.
- Complete all required mandatory training / policy awareness
curricula on time.
- Use learning tools such as Pluralsight to complete both
recommended and aspirational targets set in personal development
- Demonstrate team work.
- Leverage existing products/functionality and promote
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate
technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to
take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team
has committed to.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data engineers, business
users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant
- Utilize local meetups to gain and share knowledge.
- Compiles documentation written by more senior developers of all
procedures used in system.
- Acts as mentor to junior level engineers.
- Communications and organization skills; team work skills.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related
discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- 7-9 years of experience in software development required;
experience in the securities or financial services industry is a
- Prior experience with using a specific application development
toolkit and knowledge of front end and backend development coding
languages such as C#, Java, HTML, NodeJS, CSS, JSON, Angular,
- Must also have proficiency in Core Spring, ANSI, Docker.
- Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and
business impact of future IT plans.
- S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing
vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with
structured methodologies .
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a
few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN -
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and
wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our
pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible
global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your
health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial
goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid
leaves that can support you and your family through moments that
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic
groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the
forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while
supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY
Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to
create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure
investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's
financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most
trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their
mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial
assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for
institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count
on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries
and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative
thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a
commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.
Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With
Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best
global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the
diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve -
and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing
and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly,
inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Keywords: Bank of New York Mellon, Nashville , Automation Engineer, Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!