Facilities Technician I
Location: Mount Juliet
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Our Opportunity:Chewy is currently recruiting for -Facilities
and Maintenance Technician I at our Mt. Juliet, TN - Fulfillment
Center. You will have the opportunity to apply your unique
experience to support the fast-paced operations of our dynamic
fulfillment center environment. -Additionally, you will develop new
and valuable skills and experience in growing world of e-commerce
fulfillment operations. -This position is responsible for -a wide
variety of facilities, maintenance, and utilities requirements
across a large fulfillment center. -What you'll do:
- You will perform maintenance and repair, housekeeping and
plumbing, metal fabrication and carpentry to support our fast-paced
fulfillment center operations. -
- Ensure that all fulfillment center equipment is operating
properly and ensure a safe working environment for all your
fulfillment team members.
- Complete periodic and general maintenance tasks throughout the
facility - as assigned and according to schedule.
- Perform daily inspections of conveyor systems, shipping, and
packing equipment areas.
- Maintain accountability for assigned equipment and associated
gear list, reducing loss, damage, and defects to zero.
- Utilize CMMS to document labor utilization and parts inventory
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems, you will
visually check, test, and evaluate the condition of components,
equipment, and circuits.
- Follow company procedures.What youll need:
- At least 36 months of previous facility maintenance experience
- (Mechanics and Maintainers, Construction and Engineering,
Aviation and Transportation Repair)
- Must have electrical experience or understanding
- Experience using appropriate tools and maintenance
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and to stand, walk, bend, stoop,
twist and turn frequently.
- Requires manual dexterity, overall coordination, and good
balance to work at ground level, with the ability to climb and work
at elevations up to 35 feet above floor level.
- Interest in math, electricity, shop mechanics, electric motors,
- Understand potential exposure exists to high voltage current,
welding equipment, vehicle and equipment lubricants and
- Ability to work nights, weekends and/or floating schedule.
- Experience with fire system and fire alarm electronic
- Ability to read, understand & interpret electrical, pneumatic,
& plumbing schematics.
- Experience with conveyor mechanical systems (belts, drives,
- Experience with VFD motor controllers, -motor starters and
- PLC knowledge - input/outputs troubleshooting or some
- HVAC - - knowledge or experience.
- Communicate preventative maintenance and repair opportunities
as well as escalation of resources outside of normal hours when
needed, to ensure system performance.
- Can communicate, make sound decisions, work well under
- Recognize problems and repair before breakdown occurs
- Proactive problem solving & mechanical aptitude skills.Ability
and willingness to train othersChewy is committed to equal
opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all
Team Members. -If you have a disability under the Americans with
Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation
during the application process or to perform these job
requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please
contact .If you have a question regarding your application, please
please click .
Keywords: Chewy, Nashville , Facilities Technician I, Engineering , Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...