Company: Cousins Properties
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Chief Engineer organizes, monitors, and supervises the
maintenance and repair activities, associated with a high-rise
Class-A Office Building. In addition to the aforementioned
responsibilities, the Chief Engineer is charged with oversight of
the fire and life safety systems, assisting Property Management
staff in providing the highest level of customer service and
satisfaction, and submitting mechanical and structural
recommendations relative to tenant and owner issues. Description of
- Responsible for assisting in establishing and implementing
preventive maintenance program for the associated building systems,
facilities, and equipment.
- Primary safety manager for the engineering department under
their leadership. This includes identifying safety training needs,
providing training as well as maintaining records. Must have a good
understanding of OSHA compliance and other safety practices.
Coordinate and record training for engineering staff, including
safety, OSHA, and on-line training modules.
- Manage and schedule engineering personnel to fulfill day-to-day
maintenance activities, as well as special projects and emergency
- Prepare the annual operations budget within specified operating
parameters as well as periodic reports relating to prepared budget
such as variance and forecasting reports.
- The Chief Engineer shall participate in the day-to-day
financial management of the designated operating accounts assigned
with specific attention to payroll and accounts payable.
- Assist in negotiating contracts for various building services,
interacting with and supervising contract personnel as
- Coordinate on-site construction activities, attend construction
meetings, review plans, and ensure Local, State and Federal code
- Responsible for maintaining supply, tool, and equipment
- Obtain competitive pricing for materials, goods, and services,
and reviews invoices upon receipt to ensure accuracy.
- Supervise engineering staff and promote the safe and effective
use of labor resources.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual engineering reports,
relative to capital projects, major repair and maintenance, and
- Maintain blueprints, specifications, and maintenance manuals
for the property.
- Assist Senior Property Manager with extensive owner reporting
- Research and recommend new technology for repair and/or capital
replacement of obsolete building systems.
- Responsible for staying current in technology through training
seminars, literature, continuing education, and trade
- Assist Senior Property Manager with tenant relations. Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A high school diploma is required.
- 5+ years experience managing high rise Class A Commercial
Office Property's over 500,000 square feet or mixed use
- 5+ years in a leadership role required.
- Experience with onboarding a new development preferred. -
- Certified "Universal" refrigerant recovery HVAC technician.---
Professional designation is preferred in the field of study of your
job duties.Must have the knowledge to perform the duties building
engineers are required to do and may be called upon to perform on
an as needed bases. This includes the ability to teach others these
functions in a competent and professional manner.Proficient use of
Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
Outlook) is required.Thorough knowledge and understanding of Local
and State building codes and regulations.Must possess ability to
identify structural and mechanical issues, collect and extrapolate
data, draw valid conclusions, and provide recommendations to senior
management.Must work well with others and interact positively with
customers and community.Must possess excellent verbal and written
communication skills.Must be detail-oriented and well
organized.Must have the ability to manage time and multiple
projects efficiently and achieve the required results.Affiliated
with BOMA with a preference to holding the SMT/SMA
designations.Must be able to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.Customer Service -
Demonstrate optimum customer service delivery while performing all
job functionsResponsiveness - Need to perform responsibilities with
an acute sense of urgency to meet the needs of others; respond to
solve problems; willing to accept a variety of tasks associated
with this position.Integrity - Demonstrate sound business ethics;
consistently comply with organizational values; protect
confidential information.Communication - Able to clearly express
ideas; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask
questions to open channels of communication; listen to understand
perspective of others.Physical Demands - -Reasonable accommodation
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The individual is regularly required to stand,
walk, use hands and fingers, handle objects, and feel, reach with
hands and arms, talk, climb and balance. The individual is
occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The
individual may need to lift up to 20 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include color
vision.QualificationsBehaviorsRequiredDetail Oriented: Capable of
carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the
task done well EducationRequiredHigh School or
better.ExperienceRequired5 years: 5+ years experience managing high
rise Class A Commercial Office Property's over 500,000 square feet.
Certified "Universal" refrigerant recovery HVAC technician. 5
years: 5+ years in a leadership role required.
Keywords: Cousins Properties, Nashville , Chief Engineer, Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!