Senior Engineering Manager- Automation
Posted on: September 26, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.Waste Management
(WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of
comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We
are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence,
professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million
customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal
markets throughout North America through a network of collection
operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and
waste-based energy production projects.I. Job SummaryPerforms
advanced engineering techniques and procedures. Determines the most
effective methods to safely and efficiently utilize Waste
Management-s resources driving operational improvement and enhanced
customer service.II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Determines theoretical principles involved and approach to be
taken using judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and
adaptations of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in
order to design equipment, systems and/or structures which will
allow the company to meet program requirements.
- Analyzes the work flows and capital resources to recommend the
most effective method of meeting customer requirements.
- Acts as a liaison with customer and vendor representatives to
ensure adherence to design specification and customer
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and
methods and represents the organization in conferences to resolve
important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Writes or directs others to write technical reports to document
engineering analysis and findings.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of
the engineering work in a total program or project. Performs work
which includes complex features such as resolution or conflicting
design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials and
difficult coordination requirements.
- Conducts detailed feasibility studies for proposed equipment
and systems. Reviews design and development plans; reviews cost
estimates for completing the proposed projects and evaluates
engineering proposals and specifications.
- Acts as team leadIII. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Will coach and mentor less-experienced Engineers and act as
team leader on more complex projects.IV. QualificationsThe
requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications
necessary to perform the job.A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor-s Degree (accredited) in Engineering, or
similar area of study.
- Experience: Ten 10 years of relevant work experience (in
addition to education requirement).B. Certificates, Licenses,
Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Committed and highly motivated team player with strong
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels in
corporate and business unit settings.
- Advanced skills in MS Project (importing and exporting data,
setting multiple project baselines, creating custom views and
reports, PERT analysis and project tracking).
- Advanced skills in MS Visio (Visio diagrams, creating custom
styles and templates, cross functional flow charts, working with
data, and custom reports).V. Work EnvironmentListed below are key
points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
job.Normal setting for this job is: office setting.BenefitsAt Waste
Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total
compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the opportunity that
you have been looking for, please click "Apply.-Equal Opportunity
Keywords: WM, Nashville , Senior Engineering Manager- Automation, Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!