Engineering Manager (Remote Friendly)
Company: Mission Lane
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Mission Lane is revolutionizing access to financial tools to
pave a clear way forward for millions of Americans on the path to
financial success. We strive to create solutions no one ever has
before, to redefine the financial industry for the better. Sound
like a mission you could get behind?
Mission Lane is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our
geographically diverse team. All Mission Laners may choose to work
100% remotely, at one of our offices in Richmond, VA or San
Francisco, CA, or in whatever combination works best.
The Impact You'll Make in this Role:
Working with our payments and fraud teams is key to our customers
being able to have a reliable and trust-worthy experience.
/ React Native / Kotlin / Java / PostgreSQL / Kubernetes / GCP
As the Engineering Manager, you will:
- Work with the Mission Lane Engineering Leadership to implement
outstanding products for the servicing team. The Engineering
Manager will design, execute, utilize and maintain software
engineering servicing applications. Assign work to software
engineering team members, evaluate and manage their performance.
Support to recruit engineering personnel, technical staffing, and
project teams formation.
- Drive the growth of our people and technology so we can
continue to scale.
- Recruit for and scale our engineering team with world class
talent by contributing to the sourcing, screening, and interviewing
of engineering candidates
- Be a direct manager of software engineers and supervise
managers of small teams as necessary
- Introduce best practices to the team and encourage the adoption
of new ideas
- Track and analyze metrics and data to measure and improve the
health, capacity, skill level, engagement and productivity of our
- Lead the planning and delivery of complex technical
- Foster a culture of growth from within through mentorship
- Work with our product team to fulfill our deliverables
- Promote Mission Lane and our team to the broader engineering
- Influence our technology decisions with our CTO
- Implement effective data-driven engineering processes,
providing transparency and predictability
- Manage the effective operations of critical systems
To set you up for success in this role from day one, Mission Lane
is looking for candidates who have:
- A track record of leading productive engineering teams of 6 - 8
people, including hiring top talent and leveling-up and training
- Focus on web technologies and experience with distributed
- Passion for improving the lives of our customers
- A passion for delivering quality software, maintaining
excellent operations and level of service, and helping teams
- Previous experience at a FinTech company helpful but not
- Experience managing other managers of small teams is a
- Experience hiring and developing top engineering talent
- You are highly organized and have demonstrated the ability to
prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Strong programming skills
- You are passionate about agile, test-driven development,
continuous integration, and automated testing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
You get bonus points for:
- 10+ years of experience, background as a developer at some
- Created a great team culture where direct reports feel
supported and have helped customers by getting them a more stable
At Mission Lane, we're looking for people who have the courage to
take on new challenges. If you need accommodations to perform at
your highest potential throughout the application and/or interview
process, don't hesitate to reach out.
We're committed to ensuring our team members have balance in their
lives. Our comprehensive benefits package* provides the support you
need to thrive at work and at home.
- Work: An engaging culture with access to training programs and
- Life: Full health, dental, and vision benefits, Flexible
Spending Account (for medical and childcare expenses), paid
parental leave, and a 401k Company Match
- Balance: Generous PTO, flexible schedules, a Calm App
subscription, and more.
*Benefits may vary by location
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond,
Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018,
we've rapidly grown to almost 2 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the
adult population in the U.S. doesn't have access to a clear line of
credit. And by "clear" we mean credit without crazy fees that only
increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either
overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime
credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn't
We understand that everyone doesn't have the same opportunities. We
also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their
financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical
first step, but our work isn't done. We are actively developing new
products designed to meet our customers where they are, according
to their needs.
We get it - life happens . That's why Mission Lane is hard at work
paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for
our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an
environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental
disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or
maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited
by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment
authorization for this position. And please, no third-party
Keywords: Mission Lane, Nashville , Engineering Manager (Remote Friendly), Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!