Sales Engineer - Southeast Territory
Company: UCC Environmental
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position Description:UCC Environmental is a progressive well-run
company, with excellent customer relationships and Utility specific
sustainable technology solutions. It has developed a business
strategy encompassing market growth through a variety of channels,
including expanded International sales coverage. The Company has
strong sales channels in North America, and currently possesses
emerging sales channels in EMEA and Asia-Pacific (AP).The UCC
Environmental corporate office is in Waukegan, IL approximately
twenty-five miles north of Chicago. In addition, the Company has a
manufacturing/warehousing facility in Pleasant Prairie WI and
warehousing locations in Germany and China. Global Engineering
offices are in Waukegan (IL USA), Moers, Germany and Pune, India.
Global supply chain functions are managed in Waukegan, Moers and
Pune, with additional Purchasing and Quality Control personnel
permanently based in Shanghai. International Sales offices are in
Moers, Bangkok, Beijing and Pune. Comprehensive Company information
is available at www.uccenvironmental.com.The District Engineer
provides onsite sales representation and customer service for
contract and replacement parts sales, appropriate technical
support, and assistance to existing and potential customers in the
Nashville, Knoxville, Atlanta and Birmingham areas. Primary Duties
and Responsibilities:The District Sales Engineer will:
- Achieve contract sales and replacement parts sales per the
plan/forecast, ensuring customer contacts are made, sales
strategies implemented, and customer satisfaction maintained.
- Contract sales include: capital and maintenance projects driven
by economic business cases or environmental compliance
- Replacement parts sales include: transactional orders for
equipment that are components or subsystems for larger operating
systems at the plant sites being covered.
- Direct field sales activity in the assigned territory to assure
profitability of the District Office and accomplish defined sales
goals while following corporate policies and procedures.
- Responsible for prospecting, identifying, and developing new
customer opportunities and expanding existing customer
opportunities within your territory.
- Territory includes defined boundaries with exclusivity. It is
expected that person would coordinate with other Reps when joint
opportunities arise with partners outside of the territory.
- Provide technical support and assistance to customers regarding
specific component assembly or systems engineering. Assure existing
UCC systems operating correctly, product reports written, and
oversee the progress of contracts and give assistance as
- Develop positive and deep relationships with all Customer
contacts to ensure diverse coverage for all sales opportunities.
Must be comfortable meeting with plant maintenance and engineering
personnel as well as Corporate staff that includes purchasing
agents, technical managers and other various levels of management
that may be critical to sales success.
- Customers and contacts will include end user Owners as well as
Engineering Firms, General Contractors, EPC Firms or any other
industry entities that may be involved to close an
- Coordinate efforts of the Marketing, Contract Engineering,
Sales Management, and Accounting Departments.
- Performs administrative job-related duties as assigned. This
would include tracking sales calls, completing sales forecasts,
analyzing competitor activity, sending email updates, attending
sales meetings or any other necessary requirements to meet
- Perform other miscellaneous job duties as assigned to ensure
sales success. Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil,
Environmental) or other similar technology-based degree is
required. Formal sales training certification is preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in outside sales, preferably
within the material handling and environmental control process
industries or comparable.
- Specific experience in heavy industrial plants with pneumatic
and hydraulic conveying is required.
- Must be able to read and interpret Process & Instrumentation
Diagrams (P&ID's) as well as other mechanical component
drawings that includes valves, fittings, pumps, compressors, etc.
Characteristics and Skills:
- Heavy mechanical, material handling and/or wastewater treatment
expertise is required.
- High level of communications and interpersonal skills across
varied levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize and recognize urgent issues/demands,
strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent persuasion, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Multitasking abilities and excellent time management
- Must be able to travel as needed. Ability to visit Customer
sites 3-4 days per week as opportunities dictate.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage
multiple opportunities/proposals and deal with ambiguity and
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Motivated, with a focus on results
- Leadership skills with technical knowledge emphasis to act in
an independent manner
- High energy and commitment Essential Physical Abilities:
- Ability to sit or stand at a computer for 60% of the day
- Ability to travel and drive to customer sites 3-4 days per
weekCore Values and BeliefsMust be aligned with Core Values and
Beliefs that drive UCC's existing corporate culture;
- People - we trust and invest in our people, unlocking their
full potential and they always come first
- Teamwork - we respect others and create a collaborative working
environment of inclusion and inspiration
- Integrity - we are truthful and respectful to customers,
employees, community and suppliers
- Customer Satisfaction - we keep existing customers by
delivering exceptional customer service
- Innovative -we encourage resourceful problem solving in the
face of adversityHow to Apply:If interested in this position,
please submit a resume with salary requirements to
Careers@uccenvironmental.com UCC Environmental is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have difficulty applying for this job by e-mail or need
accommodations, please call us at 847-473-5900 and ask for Human
Keywords: UCC Environmental, Nashville , Sales Engineer - Southeast Territory, Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!