R&D Senior Code Engineer
Company: Firestone Building Products
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Overview:Firestone Building Products is a manufacturing leader
in the commercial roofing industry. We are looking for an Senior
Code Engineer in the Research and Development group to execute a
building code project from start to finish. This position works
closely with scientists, product development engineers, and outside
testing agencies. The ideal candidate is a self-starter whom enjoys
a hands-on environment.
***This position can physically sit in 1 of 3 locations (Nashville,
TN, Fishers, IN, or Waukesha, WI).***Responsibilities:
- Understands the commercial low slope roofing and wall systems
including knowledge of building code compliance, roof deck and wall
testing, building system design, and material science.
- Prepares reports of work accomplished, project documents,
project schedules, and project status.
- Leverages industry knowledge for supporting strategy
- Required to perform work indoors and outdoors, and at various
heights. Supports and participates in testing and fabrication
- Requires ability to operate hand tools and various testing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with teammates, other divisions, contractors,
agencies and the public; ability to follow written and oral
instructions; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in
- Participates in the Ideation and Intellectual Property
- Other duties as assigned.
- Overnight travel approximately 40%, both domestically and
internationally.Qualifications:To be successful in this role, the
canidate should have:
- Minimum of bachelor's degree, preferably civil or
- Must have a curious, problem solving mindset.
- Must be highly proficient with MS Office, MS Project, and
- Proficiency in LEAN Practices and Culture is preferred.Plus:
- At least five-seven years of experience in the commercial
roofing testing industry.
Keywords: Firestone Building Products, Nashville , R&D Senior Code Engineer, Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!