REMOTE Senior DevOps Engineer
Company: Cengage Group
Posted on: May 16, 2022
*This job may sit in anywhere within the United States and is a
We believe in the power and joy of learning At Cengage Group, our
employees have a direct impact in helping students around the world
discover the power and joy of learning. We are bonded by our shared
purpose - driving innovation that helps millions of learners
improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.
Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discoveryOur business
is driven by our strong culture, and we know that creating an
inclusive and diverse workplace is absolutely essential to the
success of our company and our learners, as well as our individual
well-being. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives in
everything we do, and strive to ensure employees of all levels and
backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and bring their
authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities through
inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are integrated
into the fabric of how we work every day. To learn more, please see
What Youll Do Here:As a DevOps Engineer your role is hands on, you
will be writing lots of automation tooling and soliciting feedback
and listening to your users (the engineering teams). You are going
to help us with building out a fully automated build, publish, and
deployment pipeline and runtime. We do not believe in Greenfield of
Dreams (build it, and they will come). Evangelism is a key part of
- Collaborate with operations and engineers to understand needs
to help safely, reliably, and repeatably move software faster.
- Operate, update, and maintain our build, publish and deployment
pipelines and tools along with our runtime environments.
- Help define processes to streamline the pipeline process.
- Develop and maintain internal applications written in Java and
- Document the tools/processes to help in understanding,
knowledge sharing, and onboarding to the tool/process.
- Assist teams in identifying and mitigating of build, publish,
or runtime issues.
- Collaborate with multi-functional roles to communicate and
align development efforts with Operations Roadmap.
- Work with teams to understand and implement best practices in
- Assist in onboarding to our tools such as Splunk, DynaTrace,
Vault, Artifactory, etc.
- Assist in tool and technology evaluations.
Skills You Will Need Here:
- Minimum 5+ years of development experience.
- Understand code design principles and how to write clean
- Basic AWS knowledge to maintain our multiple AWS services to
guarantee high availability for production environments.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work
well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers,
Product Managers, etc.
- Will be required to document Infrastructure and Security
- Will be a plus if experienced with:
- Utilization of Infrastructure as code using tools like
Terraform (preferred), Ansible and/or CloudFormation.
- Experience with application clustering/load balancing concepts
- Experience with Cloud Foundry (strongly recommended), docker,
- Experience with Maven, Spring Boot, and other Java build
- Experience with CI/CD toolsets and methodologies like
Concourse, Spinnaker and/or Jenkins.
- Experience extending Jenkins via Groovy and Python
- Familiarity with Linux, MacOS, and Windows as development and
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL, Postgres,
MariaDB, and Aurora.
- Ability to promote Test Driven Development and popular software
development lifecycle practices.
- Experience with networking.
- Preferred - Bachelor's degree in computer science or related
field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant
work experience.Our team strongly values:
- Having an opinion and being able to verbally convey that
- Interpersonal skills are just as important as technical
experience and skill.
- Thinking about and treating our engineering partners as users.
This means building out wiki pages, sample implementations, SDKs
that make sense, and helping our partners implement what we
- The ability to make a decision, popular or not, and back it up
with clearly articulated rationale.
- Realistic, pragmatic approaches to solving problems. Academic
excellence that doesn't actually ship, or worse yet, is never
adopted is just wasted time.
- Meeting our engineering teams where they are. We see these as
opportunities to upskill our partners and to help them achieve
Cengage Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age,
veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural
background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life
experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengage's
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen and
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by visiting their
Cengage Group is committed to providing reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application
procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a
disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or
you may call us at +1 (617) 289-7917.
About CengageGroupCengage Group, a global education technology
company serving millions of learners, provides affordable, quality
digital products and services that equip students with the skills
and competencies needed to be job ready. For more than 100 years,
we have enabled the power and joy of learning with trusted,
engaging content, and now, integrated digital platforms. We serve
the higher education, workforce skills, secondary education,
English language teaching and research markets worldwide. Through
our scalable technology, including MindTap and Cengage Unlimited,
we support all learners who seek to improve their lives and achieve
their dreams through education.
Keywords: Cengage Group, Nashville , REMOTE Senior DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!