Cisco Phone Engineer
Company: Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Posted on: January 16, 2022
CISCO PHONE ENGINEER APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 28,
2022 AT 11:59PM Division: Information TechnologyReports to:
Assistant Director of Information Technology Location: Nashville,
TNFull-time/Part-time: Full-timeSalary Grade: 41Salary Range
Minimum: $5,756FLSA Classification: Exempt (03) Critical features
of this job are described under the headings below. They may be
subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other
business-related reasons. POSITION SUMMARY: Administers, manages,
and maintains the agency's on-premise Cisco Unified Communications
Manager (UCM), Instant Messaging and Presence (IM&P), Unity
Connection (UCxn), and Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) nodes
and clusters. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Essential
duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may
- Administers, manages, and maintains the agency's on-premise
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM), Instant Messaging and
Presence (IM&P), Unity Connection (UCxn), and Unified Contact
Center Express (UCCX nodes) and clusters
- Perform adds, moves, and changes of UCM users, physical and
soft phones, directory numbers, and extension mobility
- Perform adds, moves, and changes of IM&P presence groups,
presence user assignments, and service profiles
- Perform adds, moves, and changes of UCxn subscribers, call
handlers, and holiday schedules
- Perform adds, moves, and changes of UCCX agents, team and skill
- Perform installations, moves, and updates of Cisco WebEx Room
- Research, update and maintain physical phone firmware
- May assist Senior Systems Engineer and Assistant Director of IT
with managing and maintaining the organization's voice
- Assists Senior Systems Engineer and Assistant Director with any
IT systems disaster recovery planning and execution relative to the
- Provides technical assistance to organization employees on the
use of phone-related hardware and software, including remote users,
telecommuters, and vendors
- Configure and produce any requested phone usage reports
- May perform or lead research and make recommendations as to the
selection of new technology solutions, including but not limited to
hands-on testing with pilot programs, proof-of concepts, and beta
testing that may involve any number of participants from IT or
other agency divisions. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
abilities required. Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited two-year college or technical
institute with a major in data processing, computer science, or
other related acceptable field.
- Four years direct experience in an enterprise environment
supporting and administering Cisco voice services and systems. The
above qualifications express the minimum standards of education
and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of
education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken
into consideration. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use
other computer systems as needed for daily activities, with
specific knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies as shown
- Implementation and design experience with Cisco voice
gateways/Unified Border Elements (CUBE)
- Knowledge of current business practices and principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively;
consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and
tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining
information. Special Demands: The special demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, occasionally in excess of 50
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or
feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands
and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. State of
Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities
require candidates to meet the following minimum driver
- A valid driver's license.
- For the past five years, the candidate's driving record must
not have record of the following violations: driving under the
influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving
violations, more than 4 moving violations. BENEFITS: THDA offers an
excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life
insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible
benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care,
transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin
accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays
per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through
alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS PI160639786
Keywords: Tennessee Housing Development Agency, Nashville , Cisco Phone Engineer, Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!