Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Expanding tier 1 non-union automotive supplier (west of
Nashville) who is a leader in their field is seeking a Product
Engineer to join their engineering team. This position will design
and develop products that meet customer specifications as well as
be involved in the launch of products designed and developed at
- Work to design and develop products that meet customer
- Act as primary contact for the customer and work to establish a
- Handle negotiations on tooling schedule with the
- Organize model reviews for the customer.
- Develop pre-launch parts for “pattern tuning” at the customer
- Part review-approval with the customer, to validate tooling
- Establish supplier contacts.
- Perform QAV audits of suppliers.
- Develop tooling schedule consistent with Product-to-Market
- When changes are made to the cloth and wires, follow-up with
drawing changes and be the main contact for both
- When kicking off additional tooling, visit tool shop to confirm
that B2 cavity matches the B1 cavity.
- Design and develop pre-launch tooling for OE products.
- Work with manufacturing and quality to assure that designed
product can be manufactured with minimal downtime and minimal
scrap. Meet program launch date, with 90% RFT.
- Work with APQP team, purchasing, and sales to assure that all
advanced quality planning steps are taken prior to product launch
and to assure that product meets all customer
- Provide technical support during shift.
- Monitor and approve ECI changes.
- Work to create/update documents including Tooling Standard,
Components Standard, Data Sheets and Quotation Sheets.
- Bachelor degree in engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working in the
automotive engineering field
- Ability to work on several projects at once.
- Working knowledge of and experience with AutoCAD or
- Ability to read and interpret Blueprints.
- Understanding of Models and Plaster Patterns.
- Program management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to work with
customers, suppliers and plant personnel.
- Strong organizational skills.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Nashville , Product Engineer, Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!