Company: Wayne Brothers Companies
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Position Title: Project EngineerLocation: Nashville, TNSalary
Interval: Salaried, Exempt
Position DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY
- Setup communication channel between client and WB (request
client's key project contacts list and submit WB's key project
- Request electronic CAD files or PDF files from client (convert
CAD files to PDF files and store in appropriate job folder if PDF
files are not provided by client).
- Create "contract documents" distribution list.
- Submit WB "time and material rates" to client.
- Have "contract documents" printed off for appropriate team
members and distribute accordingly.
- Start contract document reviewing process and submit "Request
for Information" (RFI) to the client to clarify any discrepancies
and/or request any further information.
- Inform effected team members of the client's response to an
- Create detailed "cost comparisons" reports for Project
Manager's (PM) review (concrete, rebar, formwork, special
equipment, etc.). These "cost comparisons" are based on the
"request for quotations" generated in the subcontractor/vendor
engagement phase (see below).
- Create preliminary project schedule with PM's and
Superintendent's input and revise schedule per PM's markups if
- Submit project baseline schedule to client
- Evaluate and generate pour break/sequence plan and submit to PM
for review. Submit pour break/sequence plan to client for
- Analyze site restrictions and/or type of material hoisting
equipment necessary and create a site logistics plan if necessary.
Submit site logistics plan to client for approval.
- Request quotation from subcontractors/vendors based on
"contract documents" (concrete, rebar, post tensioning, formwork,
misc. materials/concrete accessories).
- Communicate with estimating department to review bid package
and determine any
- "request for quotations" that have already been generated for
the project. Transmit "contract documents" to subcontractor/vendor
- Schedule meeting with PM and subcontractors/vendors to review
specific project requirements and/or quotation needs (formwork
type, specifications, etc.)
- Buyout subcontractors/vendors per PM's approval.
- Enter subcontractor/vendor contacts into Viewpoint Project
- Print and distribute project directory to appropriate WB team
- Generate and/or review subcontracts and submit to
subcontractors (communicate with PM prior to submitting
- Generate purchase orders and submit to applicable vendors
- Engage concrete supplier in mix designs.
- Engage formwork, rebar, and other suppliers in shop drawing
- Communicate with PM to make any corrections to proposed mix
- Review shop drawings for errors and send back to
subcontractor/vendor to make any corrections necessary.
- Submit shop drawings, concrete mix designs, proposed materials,
etc. to client for engineer's approval.
- Track status of submittal approvals and update PM
- Schedule delivery and setup of onsite temporary facilities
(office trailer, phone, internet service, utilities, etc.).
- Communicate with superintendent to determine the actual
progress and any delays being experienced onsite.
- Update project schedule on a weekly basis and transmit to PM,
superintendent, client, and any applicable
- Collect the "field directive work orders" (FWO) from the
superintendent and price accordingly (based on the time and
material rates submitted to the client during pre6
- Enter FWO's into Viewpoint
- Compile FWO's into a "proposed change order" (PCO) within
Viewpoint. (communicate with PM to determine how FWO's need to be
combined, separated, etc.)
- Distribute any newly released or revised "contract documents"
to the appropriate team members.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining a filing system for
drawing logs for all projects.
- Set up a standardized filing and retrieval system for field
- Provide administrative support for WB Superintendents and Field
Engineers on an "as needed" basis for those jobs without on6site
- Determine if newly released or revised "contract documents"
will add or subtract amount to the original contract sum. Interact
with estimating department to determine change amount if any.
Engage in the takeoff and pricing of any minor additions or
subtractions to the contract (communicate with the PM to determine
who should handle pricing the changes).
- Generate PCO within Viewpoint for any additions or subtractions
to the contract sum amount and submit to the client for
- Track the status of PCO's and update PM accordingly.
- Ensure maintenance of project files on site that:
- Logs and tracks all PCOs/Cos, RFIs, RFCs, contractor
correspondence, contract drawings and submittals.
- Take jobsite progress photos on a weekly to bi6weekly basis and
file them in the appropriate job folder.
- Attend project progress meetings along with PM to communicate
and solve any issues on the project. Take project progress meeting
minutes if necessary.
- Setup tracking system (excel spreadsheet, binders, etc.) for
superintendent to use and maintain onsite for all materials,
equipment, etc. (concrete, rebar, formwork, etc.).
- Ensure that all materials/equipment are being delivered per the
schedule set forth during pre6construction or any revised schedules
transmitted during construction.
- Generate and transmit "notice of non6compliance" to
subcontractor/vendor if deliveries and/or submittal schedules are
not being met.
- Schedule the pickup and/or un6installation of all temporary
- Communicate with Document Administrator to determine when and
how "contract documents" will be closed out and filed.
- Transmit final "record set" of shop drawings to client for
their records (rebar, post tensioning, etc.).
- Transmit any "as6built" drawings to client.
- Communicate with PM to determine any special close out
procedures in which the Project Engineer needs to engage. (project
- Interact with the PM, Superintendent and any other project team
members in the generation of a "lessons learned" document.
- Perform all assigned roles, responsibilities, and related work
processes/tasks in the safest possible manner. Ensure that a safe,
accident/incident-free work environment is maintained for all
co-workers, customers, clients, suppliers, etc. at all times.
PM20Position RequirementsEducation and/or Experience
- Associate degrees in construction related field (Civil
Engineering, Construction Management, Building Construction) -
- BS: Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building
Construction - Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Analyzing and interpreting blueprints, shop draw drawings, and
other construction documents
- Problem Solving
- Communication with project team members, clients, and
- Writing, speaking, and listening
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Organizing, coordinating, planning, prioritizing, and
scheduling work task
- Time Management
- Indoors - 70%
- Outdoors - 30%
- Loud Noise - Occasionally
- Temperature Changes - Seasonal
- Traveling/Out of Town - Frequently
- 40 to 60-hour work week - Frequently
- Walking on uneven surfaces
- Safe working conditions
- Sitting for Long Periods
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver's License
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification - Required
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification - Preferred
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Primavera -
- Computer Skills in AutoCAD and Timberline - Preferred
- Walking - Frequently
- Repetitive hand/wrist motion
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Standing - occasionally
- Repetitive hand/wrist motion in typing - Frequently
- Lifting 1 to 25 lbs.
- Reach above shoulder - Occasionally
- Use of voice in teaching - Occasionally
- Driving to job sites - Frequently
Equal Opportunity EmployerWayne Brothers, Inc is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Read our
Keywords: Wayne Brothers Companies, Nashville , Project Engineer, Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!