Posted on: January 15, 2021
REEF---s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that
connect people to locally curated goods, services, and
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people,
REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and
neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our
communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You---ll Do
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional /
non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements:
automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing
infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction,
transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data
sources using ingestion technics and AWS technologies.
- In-depth technical knowledge and hands-on experience in the
areas of Data Management, BI Architecture, Product Development,
RDBMS and non-RDBMS platforms.
- Work with stakeholders including internal and external to
assist with data-related technical issues and support their data
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries
through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members
that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an
innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater
functionality in our data systems.
What We Want From You
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with
relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working
familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ---big data--- data
pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Hdfs, Spark, Hive,
Sqoop, Kafka, Yarn, Zookeeper etc.
- Experience in Scala, Python, pySpark, Java, Rest API,
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and
external data and processes to answer specific business questions
and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structure and
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data
structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting
value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and
highly scalable ---big data--- data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams
in a very fast dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a
Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer
Science or another quantitative field. They should also have
experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including
redshift, Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools:
Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift,
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka, Storm,
- Familiar with data platform like Cloudera, Hortonworks
What We---ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer,
tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up
to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value
diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable
equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in
which it operates.
Keywords: REEF, Nashville , Data Engineer, Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!