Senior Engineer/Data Warehouse Architect
Posted on: September 15, 2020
IT Group Description:
Client Group Technology creates and supports business innovating
technology for the Client Group. The team is responsible for
business innovation, project and relationship management, data and
business intelligence, vendor management, and software development
as it relates to the tools used by the over 500 Client Group staff
The Client Group has a presence in the Americas, Europe, Asia and
Australia, and is composed of five main areas:
- Sales & Client Services works with financial intermediaries and
institutions to offer diversified investment solutions that help
clients build and preserve their wealth
- Business Development is a conduit to the firm's investment
teams and supports our clients and internal business partners
through investment-platform and product content, messaging,
competitive analysis and education
- Product Strategy & Development designs, develops and manages
the firm's global lineup of investment services and considers
clients' evolving needs to identify new opportunities
- Marketing promotes the firm and its services by creating,
packaging and distributing content and messaging to engage diverse
audiences through digital platforms and initiatives, strategic
campaigns, and events
- Business Transformation looks to evolve and scale our business,
leveraging digital and data, to drive top-line growth and improve
IT Job Description:
We are seeking a Nashville based Senior Engineer/Data Warehouse
Architect to join our Data & Analytics team in Client Group
Describe the role:
The candidate will work closely with the business teams to design,
architect, and develop support tools for data analysis, data loads,
data visualization, and reporting.
Describe the applications and business or enterprise functions the
HighLine Data warehouse a brand-new database being built by
sourcing data from different systems/applications which will be the
backbone of building new application that will sit on top of this
Datawarehouse. Dealer Marketing System (DMS) is the database used
by all retail mutual fund applications like Salesforce (CRM), one
point (data integrity maintenance), Business Intelligence Reports
in MicroStrategy and SIMON (Mobile sales force application). It is
the system of Record for domestic retail mutual funds sales, asset
and transaction data.
Some of the key operations done by HighLine Datawarehouse are:
- Receiving and processing financial transaction data feeds
(purchases, redemptions, exchanges) from domestic and international
transfer agencies (DST, Omnibus, CORFAX), Broker Dealer Omnibus and
- Client specific Data are ingested like Demographic data; data
packs; Market Share and Recordkeeper files
- Generating aggregates used by downstream applications
(Salesforce, SIMON etc.)
- Distributing data to all linked sites and systems: Domestic and
international advisor Web-sites, Wholesaler portal.
- Allowing members of the Sales Data Management team to manage
sales territory definitions, move trades from one region to another
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Architect and develop a data ingestion framework to
dramatically reduce the implementation timelines of new data
sources for retail sales & marketing from external and internal
- Develop and automate the creation of data access API's and Web
Services to aid analysis with an emphasis on data visualization as
well as build a robust metadata repository which captures technical
and business metadata to facilitate data discovery, exploration and
- Implement and extend data pipeline orchestration tools to
capture complete data lineage.
- Develop a data quality architecture which propagates quality
metadata across the data lineage and implements in-process data
- Simplification and automation of existing manual
- Create policies and processes for data governance.
- Work directly with business users to ensure proper following of
set policies and processes related to data governance.
- Coach/Evangelize/Mentor team members on data lake technologies
and DevOps methodology.
- Develop and collaborate with AB's infrastructure management
team to build an elastic "analytics sandbox" environment which
supports DataOps (continuous integration, continuous deployment,
and statistical process control) methodologies.
What makes this role unique or interesting?
This role is targeted to individuals who are passionate about data.
Those who have good knowledge and/or interested in the ability to
build out a new data warehouse while also being integral in
building software solutions that are data focused with an emphasis
on supporting the sales and marketing process.
What is the professional development value of this role?
This role provides the opportunity to learn the investment business
as well as providing the opportunity to advance one's technical
skills with a focus on data. Here are just a few of the technical
areas this role will focus on: Relational Data (SQL), Unstructured
Data, Data Analysis (Python), building visualizations
Qualifications, Experience, Education:
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Finance,
Mathematics/Statistics or a related major
- 7+ years' experience developing SQL specifically Stored Procs
and SQL queries.
- 3+ years' experience architecting data warehouse solutions
specifically within SQL Server
- 2+ years' experience using Agile or DataOps methodologies
- Experience with building data warehouse within the cloud (Azure
- ETL experience is a strong plus (SSIS and/or Informatica)
- Working with large datasets as well as unstructured data.
- Building visualizations using SSRS, Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI or
MicroStrategy is a strong plus.
- Advanced Excel programming experience is a strong plus
- Experience with OOP preferably C#.NET as well as SSAS
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Must demonstrate good communication skills and be comfortable
working closely with business users
- Must be a self-starter as well as a good team player
- Must be willing to take ownership of projects and show strong
- Must document and share work done to aid in long term
Keywords: AllianceBernstein, Nashville , Senior Engineer/Data Warehouse Architect, Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!