Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic- Class A
Company: Red River Waste Solutions
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Red River Waste Solutions is a people company that solves waste
problems. RRWS of Ft Wayne, IN needs to add key members to our
team. We are a diversified service contract organization throughout
the US that works with all levels of the government. With limited
supervision, you will perform engine and emission maintenance as
well as repairs on all trucks and equipment and, where necessary,
can perform all drive train component work, as well as suspension
and steering systems repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty trucks
as well as light-duty trucks. This position requires advanced
knowledge of engine drive trains, suspension and steering systems,
electrical and hydraulic systems, advanced air brake and valve
systems, as well as advanced knowledge of engine chassis, body
control systems, and heating and air conditioning systems, to be
able to perform advanced-level repair and maintenance in compliance
with the Companys safety procedures and requirements. In addition,
a Technician A is responsible for welding to repair equipment,
ensuring adherence to all safety requirements at all times.
- Performs emergency repairs on breakdowns
- Maintain advanced knowledge of a vehicles engine, emission
systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to
perform advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions,
on-site and on the road
- Advanced engine chassis repair and maintenance;
- Advanced knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including
hydraulics and electrical systems to maintain and repair the
vehicles in a timely and safe manner
- Advanced knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems to
effectively diagnose and repair complex heating and cooling systems
in the vehicles in a timely and safe manner
- Safely operating welding tools to fix heavy equipment in a safe
and efficient manner to ensure the equipment is back in an operable
condition as quickly and as safely as possible.
- Identify the source of malfunctions using a variety of
- At least five (5) years of experience in a technician position
requiring knowledge and application of shop safety including,
lockout tag out, fire safety, safe use of hand and power tools, and
the safe use of cutting and welding tools.
- Must have personal hand tools; specialty tools will be supplied
by the shop
- At least five (5) years of prior experience as a technician
working on heavy-duty trucks and/or heavy equipment
Certification and Skills
- ASE Air Brakes certification.
- Suspension and Steering.
- ASE Electrical/Electronic certification- PREFERRED
- ASE Diesel Engine certification.
- Previous experience in the heavy transportation industry as a
- Exposure to outside elements
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid Class B CDL License- PREFERRED
- No more than 3 violations within the last 3 years.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment screening.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough
to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions,
traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
WAGES AND BENEFITS
- RRWS paid 100 % for the employee on the following insurance
- 401K and Roth retirement plans; Employer will match 0.50 cents
to your dollar up to 6% on the 401K plan only.
- PTO after 1 year
- Paid Holidays
- Promotions within Company
Keywords: Red River Waste Solutions, Nashville , Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic- Class A, Engineering , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!