Administrative Support Assistant I, Sumner County
Company: University of Tennessee
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Administrative Support Assistant I
Pay Grade 32
Position contingent upon funding.
The County Extension Administrative Support Assistant I is directly
responsible to the County Director. Time allotment will be
approximately, 75% 4-H Youth Development and 25% Organizational
Support. Duties include:
* Provide leadership for a program of activities that meets the
needs of all eligible clientele regardless of race, color national
origin, age, sex, disability, religion or veteran status.
* Greet clients and answer telephone requests in accordance with
* Prepare letters, newsletters, reports, records and other related
documents from rough drafts, corrected copy or recorded media;
proofread completed materials and make corrections.
* Assist in maintaining computerized mail lists.
* Distribute incoming mail and prepare materials for mailing.
* Operate and maintain office equipment such as computer, printer,
copier, risograph etc.
* Assist in bookkeeping responsibilities including writing
receipts, preparing deposits as needed.
* Attend administrative training, seminars, and conferences as
needed to perform the job.
* Maintain inventory of office supplies and postage and replenish
* Assume other duties as assigned.
Minimum/Required Qualifications (include education, experience,
skills & abilities, licenses & certifications):
* Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
* Superior communication skills (written & verbal), ability to work
with the public, organizational skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Work and
* Additional education beyond high school diploma preferred.
* One or more year's office experience preferred.
* Superior customer service skills with strong verbal and
* Experience with Share Point and updates/editing web sites, social
UT Extension provides a gateway to the University of Tennessee as
the outreach unit of the Institute of Agriculture. With an office
in every Tennessee County, UT Extension delivers educational
programs and research-based information to citizens throughout the
state. In cooperation with Tennessee State University, UT Extension
works with farmers, families, youth and communities, to improve
lives by addressing problems and issues at the local, state and
Keywords: University of Tennessee, Nashville , Administrative Support Assistant I, Sumner County, Administration, Clerical , Gallatin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!