Company: Vanderbilt University
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Administrative Assistant as a key representative of both
offices and as part of the larger Provost team in the Office of
Faculty Affairs. This position performs administrative and budget
related duties of a complex nature in support of office activities,
which requires a thorough knowledge of University policies and
The Office of Digital Education (ODE) is a central unit dedicated
to enabling the successful delivery of
Vanderbilt's online and hybrid programs. ODE sits within the Office
of Faculty Affairs. This role is line
managed by the Director of ODE who reports to the Vice Provost for
Faculty Affairs. ODE works closely
with the Office of the Chancellor, academic leadership in the
Provost's Office and in the schools and
colleges, the Office of Data Governance and Strategy, and other
administrative units across campus.
The Office of Academic Program Review, Assessment and Accreditation
(OAPRAA) supports the
university in its efforts to maintain federal compliance and engage
in continuous innovation in service to
its mission to be "a center for scholarly research, informed and
creative thinking, and service to the
community at large." OAPRAA provides resources and expertise in
institutional accreditation and
compliance to ensure continued federal accreditation, oversees the
management of an efficient and
effective approval of substantive changes to program offerings, and
establishes a structure for periodic
internal and external reviews of academic programs at the
institution. OAPRAA coordinates with
academic leadership in the Provost's Office, faculty in the schools
and colleges, the Office of Data
Governance and Strategy, the Center for Teaching and Learning, and
other administrative units across
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps manage complex workflows, communicating with stakeholders
on status of projects and
- Drafts professional and technical communications to internal
and external constituencies.
- Supports calendaring and management of annual reporting by
units across campus, and with
- periodic federal compliance reports.
- Plans and supports meetings and trainings with university
faculty and staff.
- Greets visitors to office suite and acts as an office
representative within the university and
- with external contacts.
- Serves as the initial phone contact for the offices by
answering questions, taking messages, and/or forwarding calls as
appropriate for resolution.
- Manages office email account by responding to
- Manages the calendars for the ODE Director and the OAPRAA
- Resolves schedule conflicts and provides recommendations to
supervisor for weekly planning and operations meetings,
subsequently informing all staff attendees of
- Updates/maintains departmental website(s).
- Supports the onboarding process for new hires, including
working with VUIT and HR to ensure a smooth transition for new team
- Reviews office policies and processes and recommend changes as
- Submits Facilities work orders for office maintenance issues
and other facilities-related issues.
- Submits help tickets to VUIT on behalf of ODE and OAPRAA
- Coordinates travel arrangements for staff.
- Acts as expense delegate for staff to create expense reports
- Serves as Guest Travel Coordinator to support all facets of
Manage budgetary allocations throughout the fiscal year
- Acts as primary purchasing agent for department in the
procurement of supplies, equipment, and food/beverages using the
- Orders all office and breakroom supplies.
- Tracks & monitors expenses in accordance with approved budget
and purchasing requirements.
- Maintains and processes internal system of ODE and OAPRAA
expense requests to ensure purchases are approved in advance at the
- Process all payments, reimbursements, requisitions, purchase
orders and One Card transactions through Oracle, in accordance with
One Card, Procurement, and Travel and Expense policies.
- Associate's degree and 3 years of experience or the equivalent
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook,
Excel, and PowerPoint is
- Strong organizational skills, experience with project
management is required.
- Ability to multi-task and follow-up, attention to detail is
- Ability to function independently with minimal instruction and
to collaborate with others in a team environment is
- Previous experience with Vanderbilt user systems including, but
not limited to Oracle is preferred.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
At Vanderbilt University, we are intentional about and assume
accountability for fostering advancement and respect for equity,
diversity, and inclusion for all students, faculty, and staff. Our
commitment to diversity makes us who we are. We have created a
community that celebrates differences and lets individuality
thrive. As part of this commitment, we actively value diversity in
our workplace and learning environments as we seek to take
advantage of the rich backgrounds and abilities of everyone. The
diverse voices of Vanderbilt represent an invaluable resource for
the University in its efforts to fulfill its mission and strive to
be an example of excellence in higher education.
Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected
veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please note, all candidates selected for an offer of employment are
subject to pre-employment background checks, which may include but
are not limited to, based on the role for which they have been
selected: criminal history, education verification, social media
review, motor vehicle records, credit history, and professional
Keywords: Vanderbilt University, Nashville , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!