Senior Development Manager -DoD
Posted on: April 19, 2019
The Sr. Development Manager will render development management
services to the project site by supporting the Project Director
with day to day duties such as management of development operations
for the Project, development of project scopes of work, contracting
and supervision of execution of development projects and
supervision of the Project development team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to
this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so
* Work with the Project Director to identify potential Client and
Project opportunities and risks.
* Assist the Project Director with obtaining land development
entitlements, design and construction approvals, and completion
certifications, and other regulatory permits and approvals, as
* Assist the Project Director with day to day project
administration and coordination, including management of project
meetings with the Client, the Project Company, the Design and
Construction Teams, and other project related direct and indirect
* Assist the Project Director with the preparation of general and
contractual responses to Project direct and indirect stakeholders,
as required. Manage the relationship with the Construction
* Assist the Project Director with preparation and administration
of project contracts, schedules, and budgets, as directed.
* Commission, manage and coordinate; attorneys, land use
consultants, architects, engineers and other project consultants,
as directed by the Project Director.
* Undertake (with and without design consultants) detailed site
investigations, and develop project risk mitigation and opportunity
implementation strategies for the Project.
* Assist the Environmental Management Team with undertaking
Environmental surveys and prioritizing environmental risks that may
arise during each survey. Suggest risk mitigation solutions and
ensure compliance with environmental programs.
* Assist the Project Director with preparation and monitoring of
development and operating budgets, and monthly cost reports.
* Work closely with the Project Director, and other Project team
members to periodically revise the Project s financial pro forma,
and business plans.
* Assist the Project Director with the preparation of investment
papers for submittal to Lendlease.
* Work closely with the Project Director in the production of
proposals and presentations, as required.
* Assist in the management of the selling budgets associated with
proposals, as directed.
* Assist the Project Director in implementation of Lendlease s and
the Project s Public Relations and strategy with attendance and
direct participation in networking groups, forums, tradeshows,
* Help to identify, train, coach and grow development talent within
Lendlease and the Project through active mentoring.
GENERAL BACKGROUND AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
* Four year degree in engineering, architecture, land economics, or
a related technical field, is required. Master s degree
* Minimum 6 years of real estate development, design and
construction project management, or related post graduate
experience. Experience with site planning analysis, market
analysis, financial forecasting and budgeting, and governmental
approvals are preferred.
* Experience in large tract residential housing projects
* Familiar with road, utilities and infrastructure design, costs,
* Proven ability to deliver high quality projects, on time and
* Outstanding communication skills (writing, public speaking,
negotiation and persuasion, political awareness).
* Able to work well with, and persuade people at all organization
levels. Capable of developing and maintaining relationships with a
number of direct and indirect project stakeholders.
* Able to set tangible goals and readily accept responsibility and
accountability in achieving them.
* Able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor multiple
activities and projects.
* Basic knowledge of key elements that structure a real estate
development transaction, including contractual agreements
(including leases, real property registration, titling,
entitlements, environmental, construction and senior loans, etc.),
and financial pro forma (key inputs, assumptions, risks, PV, FV,
amortization, IRR, etc.)
* Proficient in the use of computers and software to include: MS
Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Project.
* Interested in current and future trends associated with urban
design, house design, building techniques, manufactured homes,
energy efficiency and sustainability, etc.
* Extensive Project Management skills (multiple, complex projects
Key Capability Listing
* Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving Assessments of changing
conditions and asset needs, developing solutions
* Customer Focus Considering resident needs and client desires
* Planning & Organizing Managing multiple development projects
across various properties
* Written Communication developing business proposals and
correspondence for client and internal coordination and
* Oral Communication presentations to clients, coordination with
contractors and other stakeholders, representation of Project at
events and meetings
* Accountability Delivery of development projects on time and
* Developing Future Leaders provide guidance and development for
development team employees
* Team Building leads development team. Assist Project Director in
providing team building for Project team
* Finance Cost planning, project budget and pro forma
* Development construction plan proficiency civil and architectural
*** LENDLEASE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
WITHOUT REGARD TO THEIR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS AND WILL NOT BE
DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY.
VEVRRA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR
Keywords: Lendlease, Nashville , Senior Development Manager -DoD, Accounting, Auditing , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!