Company: Homewood Suites - Nashville
Posted on: August 8, 2022
This is the job description for ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: General or Controller
Supervises: Accounting Clerk, Administrative Assistant
Job Purpose: Perform Accounting related duties on a professional
level and works closely with the General Manager and Corporate
Accounting teams, on key projects and organizational initiatives.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following
functional areas: accounts payable processing, daily revenue and
cash reconciliations and other related finance projects.
1. Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial
reporting and general ledger structure.
2. Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end
3. Daily review of hotel revenues and posting in general ledger
4. Daily bank reconciliation for assigned properties.
5. Reconcile balance sheet accounts for assigned hotels on a
6. Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are
performed in a timely and accurate manner.
7. Supports budget and forecasting activities.
8. Collaborates with the other department managers to support
overall department goals and objectives.
9. Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient
procedures and use of resources while
maintaining a high level of accuracy.
10. Weekly accounts payable invoice and payment processing and
11. Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance.
12. Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial
reporting deadlines are met.
13. Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and
features to enhance the workflow of the
14. Partner with Human Resources in Hiring and Terminating
associates. Training existing and new associates.
15. Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts,
absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
16. Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives
for each year and monitor and advise on the
progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
17. Support Director of Finance with special projects and workflow
18. Other duties as assigned.
1. Financial reporting, general ledger, bank reconciliations,
balance sheet reconciliations, income audit, accounts
payable and reporting skills.
2. Strong administrative writing skills to be able to complete
reports for ownership.
3. Use eyes, hands, and fingers at the same time to enter figures
in books and forms, or to operate a calculator or
4. Very good verbal communication skills to be able to interact
with ownership and senior leaders.
5. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products to include, Outlook,
Excel, Work, Sharepoint, etc.
Education: BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or
Experience: Two years of A/P, A/R, secretarial or clerical
Management Activities: Check all that apply
X Interview, select and train associates
X Set and adjust associates' rates of pay and hours of work
X Direct the work of associates
X Appraise associates' productivity and efficiency for purpose of
recommending promotions or other changes in
X Handle associate complaints
X Discipline associates
X Plan the work
X Determine the techniques to be used
X Apportion the work among associates
X Determine types of materials, supplies, machinery,
equipment/tools used or merchandise to be bought,
stocked & sold
X Control the flow and distribution of materials or merchandise and
X Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the
X Plan and control the budget
X Monitor or implement legal compliance measures
X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more
full-time associates or their equivalent (1 full-
time associate at 40 and 2 half-time associates at 20 hours each,
are equivalent to 2 full-time associates).
X Authority to hire or fire other associates, or makes suggestions
and recommendations as to the hiring, firing,
advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other
associates are given particular weight.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Homewood Suites - Nashville, Nashville , Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!