Company: Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Posted on: May 16, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, MAY 16, 2022 AT 11:59PMDivision:
Reports to: Controller
Location: Nashville, TN
Full-time/Part-time: Full time
Salary Grade: 36
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $4,510
FLSA Classification: Exempt (03)Critical features of this job are
described under the headings below. They may be subject to change
due to changes in our business processes or other business-related
reasons.POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the professional
accounting tasks of the division, including review and approval of
work performed by others.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIESEssential duties and responsibilities include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly supervises staff; interviews, makes hiring
recommendations, and trains employees; makes assignments and
monitors work; develops employee skills and encourages growth and
development; reviews and evaluates employee performance; addresses
workplace issues and provides guidance, coaching, and disciplinary
measures for staff; addresses personnel issues in conjunction with
appropriate leadership and the Human Resources division
- Ensures all accounting functions of the bond resolutions,
operating account, or other reportable segments are performed,
including the posting of all applicable accounting entries,
completing all necessary account reconciliations, preparing any
schedules necessary, and all related accounting tasks.
- Ensures all accounting and financial reporting functions of the
grant programs are performed, including the posting of all
applicable accounting entries, reviews, enters, and/or approves
federal drawdowns through the applicable federal government data
systems, completing all necessary account reconciliations,
preparing any schedules necessary, preparing any financial reports
required, and all related accounting tasks. Periodically reviews
federal grant guidelines for changes that impact accounting and
financial reporting of grants, with the objective of maintaining
compliance with such grantor requirements.
- Provides financial data to the organization's management as
requested so that management may consider such information in the
management of such programs.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of the Agency's
financial statements (including the notes to the financial
statements, management discussions and analysis section, or other
sections as applicable) by preparing one or more major sections,
performing data analysis in preparation of the financial
statements, or other related tasks as assigned.
- Supervises the accounts payable process, including, but not
limited to, review of payment processing procedures and offering
recommendations for improvement, review (and subsequent approval or
denial) of accounts payable vouchers, supervision of vendor
maintenance, and resolving accounts payable issues as they arise in
a timely and efficient process.
- Prepares supporting schedules and documentation for periodic
- Prepares or reviews a variety of professional accounting and
other reports such as may relate to financial statements, quarterly
and other reports.
- Reconciles bank statements, or reviews such documentation,
maintained by THDA.
- Reconciles monthly account activity as reported by the trustee
with internal account activity.
- Maintains fund accounting as mandated by bond indentures or
state law, including the preparation of journal entries, various
registers and support for monthly fund trial balances.
- Assists in the review of the major accounting system processes;
identifies internal control deficiencies; offers recommendations
for process improvements that consider both internal controls as
well as process flow efficiencies; may serve as a subject matter
expert for one or more professional software systems.
- Reviews work performed by other Division staff, and approves as
required, based on assignment of the Division's management.
- Prepares special reports for the Division Director as
assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSThe requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or Certified Public Accountant
(CPA) license in good standing.
- Three years of experience in responsible professional
- One year of supervisory and/or management experience.The above
qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or
experience for this position. Other combinations of education and
experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into
consideration.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Ability to effectively manage staff.
- Ability to perform professional accounting work of considerable
- Ability to apply accounting theory and technique to the
solution of varied and complex fiscal problems and to devise
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively;
consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and
tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use
other computer systems as needed for daily activities; extensive
knowledge and skill of professional accounting software.Special
Demands:The special demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or
feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands
and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.State of
Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities
require candidates to meet the following minimum driver
- A valid driver's license
- For the past five years, the candidate's driving record must
not have record of the following violations: driving under the
influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving
violations, more than 4 moving violationsBENEFITS: THDA offers an
excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life
insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible
benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care,
transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin
accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays
per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through
alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
EMPLOYERAPPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR
CONSIDERATIONPLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW
THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Keywords: Tennessee Housing Development Agency, Nashville , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!