Sales Use Tax Accountant
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Indirect Tax Accountant
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as
Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information
Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support
This role is part of the U.S. Firms' Taxes indirect tax compliance
team. This position is involved in all stages of tax return
preparation of Deloitte's various indirect tax filings including
sales/use, local business licenses, personal property tax, & US
Withholding on Foreign Persons US source Income returns. The U.S.
Firms' Tax team's indirect tax compliance team is a small, high
performance team based in Nashville.
Work You'll Do
- Gather and analyze monthly accounting and financial information
pertaining to indirect tax.
- Review transactional data for accuracy and process any
necessary adjusting journal entries related to indirect tax
- Assist with the oversight involved to timely file and pay
monthly, quarterly, and annual indirect tax returns for assigned
- Prepare check requests for returns and/or initiate EFT payments
and corresponding journal entries on a timely basis
- Maintain tax calendar
- Assist with managing the exemption certificate process
- Research taxability of non-routine purchases.
- Respond to correspondence with taxing authorities for assigned
- Assist Manager with applying necessary changes to OneSource tax
- Assist Manager with required testing of OneSource tax engine
related to ongoing system projects
- Assist Manager with inquiries from internal customers regarding
indirect tax issues.
- Prepare various analytical analysis to identify issues and
propose corrective actions.
- Assist with gathering requested documentation from SAP and
other financial systems for indirect tax audits.
- Maintain Deloitte U.S. Firms' Taxes indirect tax files (i.e.
documenting returns filed, mailing dates with certified receipts
and all necessary supporting documentation)
- Perform periodic tax jurisdiction account and general ledger
- Ability to prioritize and manage assignments based on their due
- Maintain technical skills pertinent to the position
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance or related fields,
Master's degree in accounting preferred
- 3+ years of accounting experience preferred
- 3+ years of General Ledger experience, Multi-State Indirect Tax
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office, with strength in
Excel; advanced Excel skills preferred
- Experience with IRS Section 1441 Withholding, sales, use, and
value added taxes, etc., preferred
- Experience with SAP or other financial systems
- Experience with OneSource, or similar tax software,
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
the need for employer sponsorship now, or at any time in the near
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the
role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice.)
Keywords: Deloitte, Nashville , Sales Use Tax Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!