Company: Marcum LLP
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Vacancy Name Tax Manager TN
Vacancy No VN362
Education Level Bachelor's Degree
Experience Level 5 years
Employment Type Employee
Applications Close Date
Department Name Tax & Business Services
Work Location Nashville, TN
Job Posting Description Marcum LLP is seeking experienced Tax
Managers to join our growing and well established national firm in
our Nashville, TN office. The position requires a high energy,
experienced tax professional with strong interpersonal and
Our growing tax practice provides tremendous career opportunities
in an environment of the highest ethical standards and
professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance
and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Interact closely with clients to provide innovative individual
and business tax planning, consulting and compliance services in a
timely and effective manner.
- Specialization and experience in both individual and business
tax returns, with concentration in flow through entities.
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication,
managing deadlines and proactively sharing tax saving
- Provide proper representation with taxing authorities for
clients under federal or state examination. Possess strong writing
skills for responding to problem resolutions for tax notices.
- Work closely with Partners, Directors, Senior Managers and
staff on client management, professional development and business
- Supervise, develop, train and mentor staff including
performance and engagement reviews.
- Be involved in practice development efforts of the firm.
- Provide on the job training to subordinates.
- Assist partners with preparation of engagement budgets and
staff performance reviews.
- Review staff work product and ensure firm processes and quality
control procedures are being executed.
- Attend professional development and continuing educations
sessions on a regular basis.
- Communicate engagement needs to the client.
- Recognizes extended services opportunities.
- Keep current on professional announcements.
- Proactively participates in professional development
opportunities, i.e. Mentoring Program.
- Present on a technical topic(s) for level training.
- Cultivate effective relationships with client and staff.
- Creative positive impression with client by exhibiting
professional competency and ability.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting required.
- Masters in Taxation degree of LLC in Taxation a plus.
- CPA certification required with a 5+ year public accounting tax
- Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation and
review, tax compliance, agency correspondence and tax
- Ability to problem solve and think both creatively and
- Excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal
- Must have outstanding work ethic, willing to roll up sleeves
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize,
prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills
fostering client and staff relationships.
- Thorough understanding of complex tax issues.
- Decisive ability to identify and execute solutions to
- Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client
Job Posting Responsibilities Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry,
national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status,
sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other
protected classification under the law.
Keywords: Marcum LLP, Nashville , Tax Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!